How do I correct the information in the people contacts

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Your Google Account is synced to your phone so most people edit where you have your personal information in Google.

For other people other than you on your phone. Find the app called People (It came in my folder with Gmail and most of the Google Apps).

Then open the person screen where you want to change their info. Then hit the three dots in the upper right corner and select "Edit"

BTW, I had my wife's cell phone with our house number in my home laptop in Gmail instead of her cell phone number. So every time I changed her cell phone number on my Nexus 5 it would sync with my home Laptop and change her cell phone back to our house number. It drove me crazy for a day till I saw that Google syncs all your contacts with your Gmail on all your devices.

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Open the People app; the very first entry at the top of the list should be under the heading "Me". Tap that entry, then tap the three-dot menu icon at top right and tap Edit.

Is this what you are looking for?

losl

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
BTW, I had my wife's cell phone with our house number in my home laptop in Gmail instead of her cell phone number. So every time I changed her cell phone number on my Nexus 5 it would sync with my home Laptop and change her cell phone back to our house number. It drove me crazy for a day till I saw that Google syncs all your contacts with your Gmail on all your devices.

Hi Shilohcane,

Do you mean that the "Google Sync" syncs peoples' info based on that stored in the Gmail server? When you make a correction, eg phone number, in the N5 then Google sync will restore it based on the wrong info in the Gmail server. Also when you delete a contact in your mobile Google Sync will add it back after sync. I suppose Google Sync will syncs the data according to the most recent updated or altered info. Please any one can confirm this! I will run a test in my devices when i have time.

Thank you for your advice, Happy 2014!

losl
i

jdk2

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
Hi Shilohcane,

Do you mean that the "Google Sync" syncs peoples' info based on that stored in the Gmail server? When you make a correction, eg phone number, in the N5 then Google sync will restore it based on the wrong info in the Gmail server. Also when you delete a contact in your mobile Google Sync will add it back after sync. I suppose Google Sync will syncs the data according to the most recent updated or altered info. Please any one can confirm this! I will run a test in my devices when i have time.

Thank you for your advice, Happy 2014!

losl
i
When you make changes to a contact, the changes will also be made in the account you have set up to sync. Changes made on your computer in Gmail contacts will sync to the contacts on your phone if you are using the same account.

If you delete a contact on your phone that's synced with Google, it's deleted in both locations.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad