06-19-2017 05:41 AM
93 ... 234
tools
    My nexus was working fine till yesterday. It suddenly rebooted & the screen of updating apps came in. I waited till it gets restarted, as the charge was low. I turned the mobile off. When i tried restarting the next day. It was running the loop of restarting - Google screen comes & shuts off.

Tried holding the volume low & power button simultaneously. But the moment i leave the button, it shutss off. pl suggest a way forward. if anyone has faced this issue. pl help me out. Atleast a way out to get the data before flashing the software again...
    Mine is doing this exact same thing. Flashing Google and every once in a while I can get it to turn on. Then it goes through the "optimizing app" process for all 100 some odd apps I have and it takes forever. And drains the battery.

I followed the steps above (volume button and power button hard reset, etc.) and didn't install any new apps aside from the Google ones that automatically come installed. And it still is crashing and attempting to reboot. So if anyone has any other ideas, I'd be most grateful.
    09-17-2015 06:47 PM
    Mine is doing this exact same thing. Flashing Google and every once in a while I can get it to turn on. Then it goes through the "optimizing app" process for all 100 some odd apps I have and it takes forever. And drains the battery.

I followed the steps above (volume button and power button hard reset, etc.) and didn't install any new apps aside from the Google ones that automatically come installed. And it still is crashing and attempting to reboot. So if anyone has any other ideas, I'd be most grateful.
    Try tapping it hard on a table on the power button side. I read this in the forum for Nexus 5 boot loops.

Edit: I'm not sure I'd do that myself, though. So, grain of salt.
    09-17-2015 06:56 PM
    I sent mine back to LG and they said a battery problem was causing it to overheat. $149.

Posted via the Android Central App
    mrsmumbles likes this.
    09-22-2015 10:25 AM
    Had the same problem just a few minutes ago and immediatelly the it'er in me said google that ****! Anyways i read that just quickpressing while it's booting and some hard long presses could fix the problem, and suprisingly it did. it rebooted normally and it's been working fine for now. I'll update when it's rebooting again but if it doesn't i won't reply anymore.

so my advice: hard press and even quick tap the **** out of that power button!
    12-03-2015 05:39 PM
    A SOLUTION THAT HAS WORKED

So I have had the same problem as all of you. It started a month ago, booting, crashing, booting, crashing, etc... I left it on charge for the night back then and it worked.
    Yesterday, it started again. Left it on charge over night, no luck.

Read this forum. I did every single thing people have said here aside from factory resetting because I know that I dont need to do that... not until I back up all of my files off my phone.

Final thing I tried was to keep clicking the power button fast and continuously (as someone in this forum said) until the lock screen comes up. It worked!
    So have it start the Google screen boot, and immediately be clicking the power button as much as possible. I didn't think it worked but after so many hours of so many methods this worked.

Given this is occurring, we cannot state it is either a hardware or a software problem - that being, it could be EITHER. If it is a software problem, clicking the power button is interrupting a continuous signal from the power button which is resulting in the rebooting (and the initial shut down).
    Alternatively and more likely, if it is a hardware problem, clicking like this is ensuring a physical interruption of the underlying button which may be getting stuck.

Give it a go. If this doesn't work, try and try again. If it still doesn't work, keep trying other methods. Good luck.
    01-04-2016 04:30 AM
    Success Story.

Mine had exact same problem -> Phone not responding when uncharged and google logo flashing with vibration when charged. Bootloader option didnt work because bootloader also used to refresh back with the google logo.

Simple trick: The power button is stuck/ some connection inside doesnt connect well. Tap around the power button a few times (both above and below).

Works like a charm.
    01-07-2016 12:47 AM
    Hello! Have to pop in Android Central once every few years with a stumper. I also have got this working.

• Older Nexus 5. Screen /other parts have been replaced a few times. (I have a great repair shop here in midtown NYC--lucky)
    • Never had the issue before. It was "charging slowly" on some bogus charger when it died and crashed.
    • Phone dies much more quickly (though I hear that may be due to searching for signal or something about reception here in NY).

Note: a few people suggested not having SIM card in. I noticed that the phone could not find SIM card when it booted yesterday. It has done that before, but rarely. I think there may be some connection. Regardless, the advice given on YouTube to smack the power area hard against an object (like your hand) or the alterative to tap the power button really fast 'til it starts up worked--sort of.

When both methods failed me, I combined them and knocked the power button firmly quickly against the stone kitchen countertop. I kept doing this as it got further into the boot process, quickly, without smashing the phone either.

Now to see how it goes after a charge, with the SIM in. Sounds like its time for a backup, incase this is hardware related.

DID: Use laptop cord: the sound from the laptop that a device was connecting let me know when things were working.
    DID: Let it charge. Despite the constant rebooting, I think it may have charged in that period to 30%
    DID NOT: Get to try the magnet move.

Unlocked, not-rooted device
    01-27-2016 08:35 PM
    HEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW WHAT IS THE PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I found this post and was amazed many of you guys have same issues i did@!!!!

TAKE APART THE PHONE (if no warranty on it) AND KICK OFF REMOVE THE POWER BUTTON OUT!
    see this on utube: How to Easily Fix a Defective Power Switch/Button (Boot Loop/No Boot) on the Samsung Galaxy S4

I was hitting messing power button before, and it was helping for a day or so,
    then it stopped working - so i removed the power button. problem is how to turn it on... (will buy a replacement button later) Now I will put in a screwdriver into the slot to power it on.,....

THAT WAS THE POWER BUTTON ISSUES -- NOT THE APPs / viruses.
    03-11-2016 01:54 PM
    I experienced the same problem last night but I thought my power button may have damaged. I pressed it hard 2 3 times now it works fine. But today I unrooted and relocked my nexus 5 so that if any problem comes I can send it back to company.
    Thanks a lot, this was very useful, I was able to fix my sister's phone just by pressing the power key hard some times.
    07-14-2016 02:40 AM
    Connecting the device via USB to my PC was the only way i could get it to go "RECOVERY MODE" after 2 attempts. The other options never got me anywhere... always rebooting and failing....and wasnt able to go to recovery mode.

Thanks for the info!
    09-09-2016 04:37 PM
    I FOUND THE PROBLEM! I took my phone to a repair shop and they replaced the power module. It fixed the problem but cost me $75. My Nexus 5 was constantly rebooting and would never actually turn on fully. Luckily, I bought the phone used and had it for 2 years before any problems.
    10-01-2016 08:02 PM
    Thank you very much! You saved my life
    10-05-2016 11:06 AM
    are u talking about volume down button?
    10-13-2016 11:09 AM
    Hi,

Same happening with my Nexus 5. It keeps rebooting from from "Google" display and sometimes go until it shows four colored dots but then would restart again. I was successful in reaching the factory reset page but as soon as I press vol down twice and green "Start" turns to red "Restart Bootloader" it restarts again with the same sequence showing up the "Google" screen.

I am okay erasing the data and do factory reset but it wont let me do anything. Please advise if there is any other way to factory reset.

Thanks,
    Subodh
    11-07-2016 10:25 AM
    SOLUTION

Try tapping power key multiple times , I faced this problem 3 times and tapping power key is the solution.
    12-07-2016 08:04 AM
    Ok i got my phone back after reading all of this tips! the weid resolution i grap was the one removing tha back cover and puting it back. dont know how come this works.
    anyways.. Guys, if some one interested on Transform the nexus 5 into a Very Power machine let me know. Im having good time on Kali Nethunter.
    12-16-2016 12:07 PM
    Welcome to the forums! As suggested by TraderGary, hold the power button to force it into a reboot and see if that works. If not, then get into recovery and factory reset:

https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/3501115?hl=en

You'll lose all your data, but should get you booted. If not, then you'll have to consider installing the factory image, which is a little more work but not difficult if you take the time to read the process.
    A little dated post but o got trouble with my Nexus.

Tried that but i dont get the red android after the volume down up and power.

Keeps reebooting on its own, any other way to try and save my device?
    06-05-2017 03:10 PM
    I formatted google nexus 5 it shows wiping data & formatting data how much time it take to format google nexus 5
    06-19-2017 05:41 AM
93 ... 234