Google Nexus 5 - Should I get the 16gb vs 32gb?

Mr Geek

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
I know you been ask this question before. I am new to this forum.
I am bout to order nexus 5 but I am undecided with storage. I love downloading apps and gaming. I am worried if I buy the 16gb version the storage might not be enough. Please post your experience with 16gb or 32gb. I always download heavy games like fifa 2014.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central and Happy New Year!

I would recommend the 32GB at the slight increase in cost. You just never know and it does increase resale value.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I agree with Haalcyon. The storage can fill up a lot faster than you think once you start adding music, videos, pictures, movies, etc. I have the 32 and I wish it were a 128! 😸

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Then when you consider how much room the os takes... You'll be left with around 11 gigs to actually use.

I'm with everyone else on this one. If you're not strapped for cash than get the 32 gig. You'll be happy in the long run

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

nx5txn

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Fresh out of the box, my 32 GB model shows only 26 GB available.
My guess is the 16 GB model will have 10 GB available.
For future proof, 32 GB is much better.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since I'm planning on ditching my Verizon service, I wanted to test out T-Mobile in my area. My original plan was to get the phone through T-Mobile under contract and try it out for the first 2 wks, with the option of returning the phone and cancelling the service if I didn't like it. But the problem was that the phone I wanted--the N5--is only 16 GB through T-Mobile. Although I probably will never need as much as 26 GB of local storage, it certainly is nice to know it is there, in case I ever want to store a bunch of music or movies on my phone, so I ultimately sprung for the 32 GB N5 through Google Play. I figured that if T-Mobile doesn't work well for me, I can always try AT&T. If nothing works well, I can always sell the N5, but I sure hope that isn't the case!

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I went with the 32GB since the $50 is worth it. As an FYI the 16GB will only have about 12GB after the OS and formating. If you want to switch on ART it will be little less than 12 and this is before adding any apps/music/videos etc.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I know you been ask this question before. I am new to this forum.
I am bout to order nexus 5 but I am undecided with storage. I love downloading apps and gaming. I am worried if I buy the 16gb version the storage might not be enough. Please post your experience with 16gb or 32gb. I always download heavy games like fifa 2014.
Welcome to AC :)
Like many have said, 32 GB is better. Especially since you are a mobile gamer

illbeatkids

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The price difference is so negligible why not go larger since there is no microsd slot.. Although I use gdrive for everything and have over 200GB available so I could have easily gotten away with the 16gb model and if it were the only one I could afford or that was in stock at the time I'd be completely happy with that too

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy