Google Nexus 5 - Should I get the 16gb vs 32gb?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
I know you been ask this question before. I am new to this forum.
I am bout to order nexus 5 but I am undecided with storage. I love downloading apps and gaming. I am worried if I buy the 16gb version the storage might not be enough. Please post your experience with 16gb or 32gb. I always download heavy games like fifa 2014.
I can't see getting less that 32GB at this point. To me 32GB is barely adequate as it is.

You can't upgrade the memory, so you are stuck with whatever you pick for the life of the phone. It will get cramped if you store media on your phone in addition to stuff like taking pictures or video. It does support USB OTG (and it does work) but it is a bandaid solution. Remember that a 16GB phone will not have 16GB of space free...some of that will be used for the OS and default apps.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
x2 32GB is the way to go
There is no X2 yet :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

I can't see getting less that 32GB at this point. To me 32GB is barely adequate as it is.

You can't upgrade the memory, so you are stuck with whatever you pick for the life of the phone. It will get cramped if you store media on your phone in addition to stuff like taking pictures or video. It does support USB OTG (and it does work) but it is a bandaid solution. Remember that a 16GB phone will not have 16GB of space free...some of that will be used for the OS and default apps.
That's where SD cards come in :D for the phones that still support them at least...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Double the storage space....not memory.

I think most of us equate memory with storage space, rather than system RAM. At this point, there's really no need to double the 2 GB of system RAM that the N5 comes with anyway, since it provides more than enough room for quick and efficient app opening and switching.

It's worth pointing out that with the 32 GB model, you're actually getting more than double the usable Internal Storage. The 16 GB model has about 11 GB of usable Internal Storage (due to the OS--someone correct me if I'm a little off), while the 32 GB model has almost 27 GB of usable space.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
It's worth pointing out that with the 32 GB model, you're actually getting more than double the usable Internal Storage. The 16 GB model has about 11 GB of usable Internal Storage (due to the OS--someone correct me if I'm a little off), while the 32 GB model has almost 27 GB of usable space.

Very good point. With the 32GB version you get 16 full GB more.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm