Where to buy a destroyed/broken Nexus 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesg123

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been searching around for a little over a month now for a broken/destroyed Nexus 5. It can be water damaged, bent in half, cracked screen, doesn't even have to work. I am not trying to buy a phone for cheap and refurbish it to use, I need it for a small project I am working on. I have looked EVERYWHERE, ebay, craigslist, even emailed some of the major cellphone purchaser sites (usell, gazelle) to see if they would sell one to a consumer. Nope.

I've had very little luck, best thing so far is ebay, and most of the time they are just cracked screens and asking 250-300, which isn't exactly what I am looking for. I am willing to pay a pretty reasonable amount for an entirely broken phone, aka a paperweight. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction here? Thank you, it is greatly appreciated.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind buying from someone in India, there's someone I know of whose n5 isn't working right and may wish to get some money back on it (bought from the US and he can't return it).

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

jmiesse134

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Someone on here broke theirs when they fell down the stairs. youll just have to do a search for that
I've been searching around for a little over a month now for a broken/destroyed Nexus 5. It can be water damaged, bent in half, cracked screen, doesn't even have to work. I am not trying to buy a phone for cheap and refurbish it to use, I need it for a small project I am working on. I have looked EVERYWHERE, ebay, craigslist, even emailed some of the major cellphone purchaser sites (usell, gazelle) to see if they would sell one to a consumer. Nope.

I've had very little luck, best thing so far is ebay, and most of the time they are just cracked screens and asking 250-300, which isn't exactly what I am looking for. I am willing to pay a pretty reasonable amount for an entirely broken phone, aka a paperweight. Can anyone please steer me in the right direction here? Thank you, it is greatly appreciated.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
It can be water damaged, bent in half, cracked screen, doesn't even have to work. I am not trying to buy a phone for cheap and refurbish it to use,

Call me skeptical, but what kind of a 'project' would you want a 'bent in half' phone for?

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
is it possible to buy one of those plastic demo models like what you see at best buy? i've never tried but its just a thought

wesg123

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Nothing sketchy, I want several components out of it and also plan on doing a sort of youtube prank video to put it simply. Kind of lame but just something I've been trying to get done over the last month or so. I have lots of mini projects like this that never really pan out. As far as all of you saying insurance fraud, how exactly would one commit insurance fraud when most all insurance companies requires you to register the serial.... no idea why everyone has to be so cynical and down right negative.

wesg123

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
is it possible to buy one of those plastic demo models like what you see at best buy? i've never tried but its just a thought

Thats a good idea, as long as it is real glass and has some weight to it, it would probably work. Ill try ebaying some of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.