Phone won't mount via USB since 4.4.2 update. Any other ways to transfer files to phone?

paperrobots

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Ever since I updated to 4.4.2 and re-rooted I haven't not been able to mount my phone via USB to my computer. I'd just like to transfer music files to my phone. I tried using ES File Explorer with dropbox and it's been hit or miss. Is there any other way I can transfer music to my phone? Or maybe any reason why the USB mounting wouldn't be working? Thanks

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Could be a wonky driver on your computer... with the phone plugged in go to your device manager and see if you can't update the driver. If it is up to date or won't update, try deleting the driver. unplug the phone, and plug it back in. It SHOULD automatically install and update the driver.

I'm not familiar with the N5 but it seems quite often drivers can cause issues with the Nexus devices.

paperrobots

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a mac. I tried the Android File Transfer app, that's what I was using pre 4.4.2. Worked great. Now it doesn't see anything. Weirdly enough though the phone still charges from the usb on the computer.

EricSly

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
i'm using the android file transfer app to move music from my os x 8.5 mac to my lg volt running 4.4.2 with nary a problem (ie, rarely)

hope this helps your troubleshooting...somehow...

YoTeach

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
I know this is an old thread, but did anyone get this going?
I'm new to Android so I'm not sure how this all works. I thought I could access the root by just plugging it in (could on a friends android tablet) but now I need this app to transfer files?

Anybody have info?

macroguy07

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
I found out by trial and error that it takes just the right USB cable when mounting my Nexus 5 to my PC.

I have about a dozen USB cables laying around, went through 6 before my PC and Phone suddenly recognized each other. From there I flashed my phone using the all-in-one Nexus Root Tool Kit.

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Posted via my Nexus 5 with Lollipop

John Stoddart

May 21, 2015
Visit site
If you connect with a slow charging USB cable then the Android File Transfer will not be able to see your Phone ( mine is HTC One )
You need to use a fast charging USB cable and all will be well

JohnS

makar saper

Oct 28, 2015
Visit site
i just fix movie play on sd card and storage now i can move movies and videos and play
just download (es file explorer)
dont forget to root ur tablet or phone first or use kingoroot

Open “ES File Explorer” and press on the top left icon.
Go to Tool > Root Explorer > Mount R/W
Change Path “/” and “/system” from RO to RW. press ok
later install the app called SDCard Fix and fix ur tablet phone - restart
=and booom its all working !!!
now u can download on tablet and its all working 1!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15