Google Now thinks I live in The Penthouse London!

xArorAx

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have silly problem but a problem none the less.

I have a Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 rooted. When I ask Google Now to "navigate home" it takes me to the The Penthouse London.

I live in Sydney Australia!! All google's settings on the phone shows my home as my real address, and when I press navigate home it takes me there. The problem is only when I say to google Now "navigate home" it whants to take me to The Penthouse London.

Any ideas?

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Reset your GPS? :) Dunno, if it were closer, I'd say move there. Just joking of course! :D

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I have a Nexus 5 with 4.4.2 rooted. When I ask Google Now to "navigate home" it takes me to the The Penthouse London.

I live in Sydney Australia!! All google's settings on the phone shows my home as my real address, and when I press navigate home it takes me there. The problem is only when I say to google Now "navigate home" it whants to take me to The Penthouse London.

Any ideas?

When in maps, what does it show as your home address?

Posted via Android Central App

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
"possibly" it is an easter egg joke as the phone is rooted, and the club is in the same time zone as GMT?

or

the op is a clever ad for the club. lol... :p

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

Any ideas?

I also live in Sydney and have no problems, perhaps in Google maps you have changed the location for home unintentionally...

xArorAx

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
I also live in Sydney and have no problems, perhaps in Google maps you have changed the location for home unintentionally...

I think you are right. I just don't want to go through the process of un-rooting and then re-rooting to make sure. Although if it was, shouldn't there be more about it online? I found 2 other posts mentioning the problem on other forums but no solution.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I think you are right. I just don't want to go through the process of un-rooting and then re-rooting to make sure. Although if it was, shouldn't there be more about it online? I found 2 other posts mentioning the problem on other forums but no solution.

I believe you can change the locations in Google Maps... I did for my Work location. I can't remember exactly but I think it is somewhere in the settings - I'll see if I can find it.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Well, this works for me:

Swipe from the home screen to Google Now. Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap the magic wand icon at bottom center. Tap Places. Tap Home. Enter your complete address and save. Now, test.

I can tell you that when I have my actual home address in this field, "Navigate Home" works as intended. If I change this address to that of a friend who lives in Boston, "Navigate Home" will dutifully take me there instead.

If this doesn't work for you, my only assumption would be that Google Now/Google Maps perhaps does not recognize your address. Try something a little less difficult as a test; I just successfully navigated to Bennelong Street, Ruse NSW 2560, Australia. And I am in Connecticut, USA! :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Well, this works for me:

Swipe from the home screen to Google Now. Scroll all the way to the bottom and tap the magic wand icon at bottom center. Tap Places. Tap Home. Enter your complete address and save. Now, test.

I can tell you that when I have my actual home address in this field, "Navigate Home" works as intended. If I change this address to that of a friend who lives in Boston, "Navigate Home" will dutifully take me there instead.

If this doesn't work for you, my only assumption would be that Google Now/Google Maps perhaps does not recognize your address. Try something a little less difficult as a test; I just successfully navigated to Bennelong Street, Ruse NSW 2560, Australia. And I am in Connecticut, USA! :)

Oh, maybe. If not, try an address near your home. It's not like you could get lost from two streets down. Maybe a nearby address will work

Sexto

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
Same thing is happening to me.
I have actually done a factory reset since then (to obtain root) and the problem persists.
This was happening to me both before and after root. I have also tried clearing the data and cache from google search and turning off/on google now.
I have also tried setting my home address to an address near my home but still no help.

I also get a problem where if I am at home I get a card notification that says "time to work 0 minutes via road-i-take-to-work", should be 20 minutes away, also when I click the notification it takes me to google now but there is no navigation to work card. I would be interested if you have the same problem and if these two are at all related.

Please post back if you find a fix

Edit: I am using a Nexus 4, 4.4.2 and also live in Australia not too far from Sydney

Last edited:

AuKuswara

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site

I too experience the same problem, quite annoying and can turn dangerous. I was driving when I tap the Google Talk button and utter "navigate home" suddenly that penthouse in London came up.

I'm in Sydney too. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 unrooted. If I type "home" it show correctly but if I type or say "navigate home" then it's London.

If I say find restaurant near <my home address> then the answer is' here are the restaurants near your home'. So it can know my home but like to navigate to London.

So I'm quite perplexed. It wasn't like this before but didn't realize since when this fascination with penthouse in London starting to appear.

Any clue?

surfer016

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm also having the exact same problem on my Sony z1. Funny enough, I'm also based in Sydney, Australia! Had anyone found a fix for this yet?

Thanks in advance

I too experience the same problem, quite annoying and can turn dangerous. I was driving when I tap the Google Talk button and utter "navigate home" suddenly that penthouse in London came up.

I'm in Sydney too. Samsung Galaxy Note 2 unrooted. If I type "home" it show correctly but if I type or say "navigate home" then it's London.

If I say find restaurant near <my home address> then the answer is' here are the restaurants near your home'. So it can know my home but like to navigate to London.

So I'm quite perplexed. It wasn't like this before but didn't realize since when this fascination with penthouse in London starting to appear.

Any clue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463