Newbie camera question: how to touch to focus and shoot

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Pardon the newbie question. I searched but couldn't find a quick answer.

How do you set it up the camera app so that when you press the screen it focuses and takes a picture with one press on the screen? I don't want to touch the screen to focus and then touch the screen again to take the picture.

I'm coming from a moto x and HTC one which allow you to touch the screen once to focus the camera and take the picture.

Thanks!

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
That would add a lot of extra delay and would be like we had before the 4.2 update that took too long to get an action shot. I do wish it had a verbal command to take the picture so you could hold the phone with both hands to keep it steady.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I must be missing something. I only have to tap the screen trigger once to focus and shoot.

Agree, nice tip about the volume control! :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I must be missing something. I only have to tap the screen trigger once to focus and shoot.

Agree, nice tip about the volume control! :)

I believe OP was talking about tapping the image to focus on a particular part, and wants that to trigger the shutter as well. If you task the shutter button, it will focus first, but you can't control what it focuses on.

Posted via Android Central App

chr1sny

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I believe OP was talking about tapping the image to focus on a particular part, and wants that to trigger the shutter as well. If you task the shutter button, it will focus first, but you can't control what it focuses on.

Posted via Android Central App

Correct! Thanks for the tips so far about using a third party camera app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams