Phone Tester app says I don't have an accelerator, compass, magnetic field sensor, etc..???

Jaybotics

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, I just noticed that my auto rotate isn't working anymore. I was using a custom rom, but reverted back to stock just to make sure everything would be alright, but it still isn't working on my stock rom. I downloaded "Phone Tester" from the app store, and when I check to see if it's working, it says that my device has no accelerator, compass, light sensor, etc...

What's going on here? It was working fine a couple of days ago.

Edit, when I go to the Phone Tester app, it says that I don't have:

- Accelerometer
- Compass
- Magnetic Field Sensor
- Proximity Sensor
- Light Sensor
- Gyroscope
- Pressure Sensor
- Humidity Sensor

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you also have the stock kernel or did you change that? If you did, try changing it back to the stock kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Jaybotics

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm using the Franco kernel at the moment. How do I flash the stock one back without having to wipe my entire phone again?? Also, at one point before I went back to a custom rom I had flashed back the stock rom through the nexus rootkit tool, wouldn't have that flashed the stock kernel back as well?

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
I'm using the Franco kernel at the moment. How do I flash the stock one back without having to wipe my entire phone again?? Also, at one point before I went back to a custom rom I had flashed back the stock rom through the nexus rootkit tool, wouldn't have that flashed the stock kernel back as well?
Not sure if the toolkit would have flashed the stock kernel back. Look on XDA for a copy of the unmodified stock kernel and see if you can flash that. If not, the people at XDA may be better able to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze