Enjoying the Google Nexus 5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have to agree with you--it's a night and day difference with my old Razr Maxx (well, everything except the battery life, but I can live with that).

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I have to agree with you--it's a night and day difference with my old Razr Maxx (well, everything except the battery life, but I can live with that).

Fancy seeing you here.

Gotta love the Maxx ;)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Oh man, it's so awesome, isn't it? My old Maxx is now my alarm clock, since I have the dock.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I will admit that I love the feel of the back. The screen is much better than my Moto X.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Troothdotcom

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
i just got mine last night and im a bit disappointed that its not much different from my Nexus 4 but im not mad at all because i love my Nexus 4 having said that this phone is a great improvement and i love it!!!

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This is my third Nexus (GN then N4) and the upgrade isn't as massive this time around, but the improved camera, screen, battery life, and presence of an LTE radio are things I wouldn't give back at this point. Coming from a Maxx it must be a huge boost in terms of user experience.

(I had a Droid X at one point, and it made the Galaxy Nexus seem like the bee's knees when it came out).

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
This is my third Nexus (GN then N4) and the upgrade isn't as massive this time around, but the improved camera, screen, battery life, and presence of an LTE radio are things I wouldn't give back at this point. Coming from a Maxx it must be a huge boost in terms of user experience.

(I had a Droid X at one point, and it made the Galaxy Nexus seem like the bee's knees when it came out).

I went from a GNex to my N5 and the improvement is vast. I love this phone, don't have a single complaint with it.

Posted via Android Central App

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I get sad every time I have to charge it because then it isn't in my hand.
I use mine while it's on the charger. This is the best phone I've ever owned by a very wide margin. I think the reason I like it so much is because it's actually a very fast and powerful computer that just happens to also contain a great camera and excellent phone.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I use mine while it's on the charger. This is the best phone I've ever owned by a very wide margin. I think the reason I like it so much is because it's actually a very fast and powerful computer that just happens to also contain a great camera and excellent phone.

I know! I love this phone! I still don't have a wireless charging pad yet and I plug it in in another room so it's like an unwilling farewell every time. I know, I'm a little weird. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't have many smartphone cameras to compare with, but after owning the HTC Droid Incredible and the Moto Razr Maxx, I'd say the N5 camera is a quantum leap forward for me.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
What were your thoughts about the camera?

For me, it's good, not great.

Prior to the 4.4.2 update, it was pretty bad. Took long to open up the app, took long to focus and image, once you took a shot the lens had to refocus every single time, the images it took weren't particularly impressive either.

Now with the update, the camera app is definitely better. It's faster to open, faster to focus, doesn't have to refocus every time you take a shot, image quality is better, but still not great.

I'd put it behind the other 2013 flagships in terms of picture quality (behind the Galaxy S4, HTC One, Xperia Z1 and way, way, way behind the iPhone 5S), but it's still not bad and gets the job done. If you're wanting a phone with the absolute best camera, then the Nexus 5 unfortunately is not the device for you. Everything else about the phone is quite good (barring battery life).

While I like the N5 a lot, it's not the best phone I've ever owned. However for its price, it's damn hard to ignore. Bang for buck it's easily the best phone on the market.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer