Found a dead pixel on a brand new Nexus 5. Awesome.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Found a dead pixel on a brand new nexus 5. Awesome.

I would contact Google.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site

I'd definitely contact Google; it's a defect. Just out of curiosity though, how noticeable is it?

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

It's about half an inch from the right and about center of the phone. I can see it most on white backgrounds but it's still showing up with dark backgrounds too.

clevin

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site

see what their service say. For computers, vendors are not obliged to replace as long as there aren't too many of those.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

see what their service say. For computers, vendors are not obliged to replace as long as there aren't too many of those.

If it's brand new, it should be in the return window for Google. The OP should be able to just send it back for a refund, even if they don't want to give him a replacement.

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

I would check on a replacement too. I had that happen with a phone in the past and thought it wasn't a big deal but eventually ended up ready to pull my hair out over it.

Posted via Android Central App

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I contacted Google and gave them my info and problem. Just waiting to see what they say.

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

They are sending me a replacement device next week. Does anyone know if the replacement is brand new never opened or if it's a refurbished device?

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

They are sending me a replacement device next week. Does anyone know if the replacement is brand new never opened or if it's a refurbished device?

Just curious but why didn't you ask then this? Just forgot?

Posted via Android Central App

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site

I didn't think about that until today. Now I'm very nervous .

idontball

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

Haven't had a replacement nexus 5 yet I've had plenty replacement 4's and they were all brand new

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, can u send me pm how to contact google support ? Thanks

This only applies if you bought your phone directly from Google Play.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/2411741?hl=en

I went through this process on Sunday...I thought my phone was broken. Google is very helpful and they would have let me exchange it if I'd wanted. Turned out that after I did a factory reset (a required part of the process) my problem resolved itself.

You'll need to have them call you back (you can't call directly):
https://support.google.com/googleplay/contact/c2c_hardware_ordering/?ctx=return_call_return

They will run you through some troubleshooting. If it does not resolve your issue (and it won't, but they have to do it anyway), they will email you instructions on a factory reset. Once you do the factory reset, if you still have the problem, you can call them back (number is in the email) and they will let you return it.

They will put a hold on your credit card for the cost of the new phone, but you will not be charged. They will send you the new phone immediately (you don't have to send back your old one first). When you get your new phone, it will have a shipping label to send back the old one. You have a week (7 days) to return the defective phone after you receive the new one. They will look it over...if it is determined that the unit is defective, you just keep the new phone and thats it. The hold on your credit card is released, and you keep the new phone. If they determine that it is not defective, you will have to send back the new phone and take the old one back.

The rep I spoke with told me this almost never happens though. That it is rare that they will contest your claims on defectiveness. The whole process was very customer-friendly when I did it. I wish all companies handled returns like this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2