Contacts not syncing properly

trenadamm

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I am thinking this is a problem for other devices, but I do have a new Nexus 5.

All syncing seems to work correctly EXCEPT the contacts.

I do NOT use gmail.

I can add them to the desktop and they save there, but they never appear on my phone.

If I add a contact to my phone, it never shows on my desktop and it eventually disappears.

I have tried uninstalling, clearing data and re importing, changing settings, removing FB, etc. NOTHING!~

Under my sync settings I have the dreaded "Sync is currently experiencing problems......blah blah blah"

Anyone have advice for me?

-Trena in Texas

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I know you said that you do not use gmail - are you saying that you don't use google contacts either? or just the Email portion?

If you do not use google contacts, where are you storing your contacts?
If you do use google contacts, how are you adding the contact to desktop? (do you mean that you use your desktop to connect to gmail and create a new contact there?)

Regarding the "sync is experiencing issues" - which portion of the account is not syncing? Settings-->accounts--> google - select your account - is "contacts" not syncing?

trenadamm

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I do have a gmail account, however it is not the one tied to my email app. I just don't use it.

I store my contacts through google contacts and what I was referring to above is through that program.

Under the settings above - Contacts & Gmail are getting the error. Everything else is ok. I set the phone up on 12/28 and that does show the last time it synced.

Does that clear anything up?

trenadamm

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
ok, that was it! Since I did not use my gmail, I didn't realize that it was connected directly with the contacts. I connected my gmail with the gmail app and now it seems to be syncing correctly for the contacts as well.

Thanks so much for your advice!!