Nexus 5: Factory Installed Printing Service?

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know what this is and how it works.

I don't have an HP printer so I went to the HP Print service app to disable it. While doing so the system asked me if I wanted to use the Factory Installed Service instead. Does anyone know what this service is and what will happen if I use it?

Last edited by a moderator:

flick0416

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: Factory Installed Printing Service?

It comes standard with Google Cloud Print. This allows you to connect to a printer over WiFi that is Google Cloud Print compatible. You should be able to check your printer's compatibility online.

glc650

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

If your printer doesn't support Google Cloud Print you can also use a printer that is configured and shared on a computer. That is what I do with an old Samsung network printer I have.

brianfarley

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site

Can you help me? I can't get my Note to print using Google Cloud. I have my Kyocera printer installed on Chrome but my Note doesn't see any printers. I tried to install a printer in Polaris Office but no luck. I don't see the point in buying an app like Printer Share if others are saying Cloud print works fine.

Posted via Android Central App

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

Can you help me? I can't get my Note to print using Google Cloud. I have my Kyocera printer installed on Chrome but my Note doesn't see any printers. I tried to install a printer in Polaris Office but no luck. I don't see the point in buying an app like Printer Share if others are saying Cloud print works fine.

Are you signed into the same google account on your computer (that is connected to the kyocera printer), as on your Note?

frenziedfemale

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I just want to say that for the $12 or whatever it is now..printershare is worth it. I have never had an issue printing to my wireless printer. I use it on my ASUS tablet, I have used it on my Nexus 4 and now on my Nexus 5. Easy and stress free.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca