Nexus 5 not fully turning on

Bryce Garland

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I have had my nexus 5 for about a month and suddenly today it stopped working properly

it is a black background that says google like if it had just been turned on but before it goes the swirling logo thing, it just sits there like that and does nothing
i haven't modified the phone in any way (rooting etc) and have tried the bootloader to turn it off and on again, restarting the bootloader, and even got desperate enough to try recovery mode in which it will only go to a blank screen not android with a red exclamation mark

i have tried following this guide How to Unroot Nexus 5! - Complete Stock [Windows/Mac/Linux/Ubuntu] ~ Android Rootz | Source for Android Rooting, ROMS, Tricks and more! but once i get to the final step it says i need bootloader 'HHZ11d' and i have 'HHZ11k' so it fails and doesn't reboot the phone

please help me :(

Bryce Garland

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
So after more hours of searching and no luck i contacted google play support and they are going to send me a replacement, disappointed but also happy google are being supportive

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and I'm glad to hear the big G is helping you! Hope you have no further problems with your replacement.

jhasty

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I started having the same problem this morning. When I woke up, phone was working. An hour later all I get is the four color circles dancing.

Phone is 8 days old and not rooted.

Bryce Garland

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
It sounds like a different problem to what I had, mine wouldn't go past the black screen with google on it
Your problem is far more common I think you should be able to find a solution if you search around

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Once in recovery mode press the power button and down button together. The menu should pop up. It's sort of tricky so it may take a few tries. Once you get it up factory reset the device and see. If it still won't boot RMA it.

Edit - guess that's what I get for posting without fully reading the thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk