Nexus 5: "What phone is that?"

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
the kid working at Best Buy (not the phone department) instantly recognized it when i was out looking at bluetooth speakers. he said "ohhhhhhh Nexus 5" and it garnered instant tech respect. respect in the sense that this kid instantly knew i was technologically savvy and thus he knew not ask me stupid questions or give me stupid answers - and whatever he did - he knew he better not try to bullsh1t me.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
the kid working at Best Buy (not the phone department) instantly recognized it when i was out looking at bluetooth speakers. he said "ohhhhhhh Nexus 5" and it garnered instant tech respect. respect in the sense that this kid instantly knew i was technologically savvy and thus he knew not ask me stupid questions or give me stupid answers - and whatever he did - he knew he better not try to bullsh1t me.

I was having problems with signal and I was talking to an AT&T manager. The moment I pulled out the phone for him to put a new SIM in I could tell he was impressed and knew what it was. His first question was if I liked it and that he hadn't seen one in the store yet.

Another funny experience was when I was at a restaurant the person who took my Google Wallet card commented on it. The first question out of her mouth was "do you also have a Google phone?"

I love explaining what the device is. My usual response is "Pure Android designed by Google, made by LG".

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
That's something that I enjoyed when I had the Nexus 5. I knew that no one else was going to have the same phone. I can't stand that when someone else's iPhone rings that about a dozen of us start checking our phones. Sometimes it is just nice to have something different.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Why did you switch back to an iPhone from N5, if I may ask?

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Someone actually asked me yesterday at work if that was the new galaxy 5s. I didn't say anything just walked away pissed off haha

xchange

Banned
Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
I get asked all the time.

"I didn't know Google makes phones." So when I tell them it's LG they completely shut down and lose interest.

Sent from my C6806 using Tapatalk

Don't feel bad, one of my buddies took a poke at me to wind me up with, "oh.... you mean that company that used to be Goldstar right? haha"

I was going to say something along the lines of "yeah but they're not that bad anymore" but there's not really any response you can make to that without sounding like you're making excuses. He's still using an S3 so I showed him my Z1 and my Note 3 later that week and told him to suck it. Then I crushed him with my Vierra Plasma and 7.1 surround home theater vs. his tiny little 50" Bravia with no speakers, and delivered the coup de grace by calling him a techno-tard. Don't mess with my toys boy! If he tries again I'm going to sleep with his wife and film it in 4k

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't feel bad, one of my buddies took a poke at me to wind me up with, "oh.... you mean that company that used to be Goldstar right? haha"

I was going to say something along the lines of "yeah but they're not that bad anymore" but there's not really any response you can make to that without sounding like you're making excuses. He's still using an S3 so I showed him my Z1 and my Note 3 later that week and told him to suck it. Then I crushed him with my Vierra Plasma and 7.1 surround home theater vs. his tiny little 50" Bravia with no speakers, and delivered the coup de grace by calling him a techno-tard. Don't mess with my toys boy! If he tries again I'm going to sleep with his wife and film it in 4k

HAHA one of the best posts i've read in a long time

Caleb Pelton

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I had the AT&T store folks asking me about it today. When I told them about it, and the price, at least one guy said he was gonna order one tonight.

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the AT&T store folks asking me about it today. When I told them about it, and the price, at least one guy said he was gonna order one tonight.

AT&T reps don't know what phone it is? Facepalm!

techydavid

Sep 29, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I get asked what it is a lot too. My friends use iPhones so I start by saying it's better than your iS*it...

From mah shiny new Nexus 5

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I get asked what it is a lot too. My friends use iPhones so I start by saying it's better than your iS*it...

Speaking of i<insert derogatory word>.... iSheep seems to **** off flock-members :p

Sorry for the off topic...

jenks5150

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site

Laughed out loud at your last sentence here haha.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Not to go off topic...but my favorite diss to my iphone friends(and by the way I own one) is...Super powerful processor, housed in an itty bitty living space" :) I kind of stole it from Aladdin... :) There I just added it to my sig(Snicker,Snicker)

I forgot my phone on Sat and used my daughter's i5 for an hour..Dear gawd how can anybody see anything?

bluefalcon13

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
No problem but I don't get it.

I know a lot of iPhone fanboys.... Hence the iSheep. Just follow the flock. Don't get me wrong, Apple makes a decent product, and easy to use software, just ain't my thing... Had one for a while, but now I get my nerd on with android :)

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Not to go off topic...but my favorite diss to my iphone friends(and by the way I own one) is...Super powerful processor, housed in an itty bitty living space" :) I kind of stole it from Aladdin... :) There I just added it to my sig(Snicker,Snicker)

I forgot my phone on Sat and used my daughter's i5 for an hour..Dear gawd how can anybody see anything?

What is it you can't see? I don't understand. Is the text smaller? Because it looks to be the same size text as on my iPad.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae