How to selectively turn off notifications

alleno756

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't like my phone to make alot of noises, especially at night. However, I want to hear it ring (obviously) and when I get texts. I really don't care about anything else. But, I don't need to know if I get an email on something like one of my junk email accounts. So how does one go about selectively disabling these sounds? If you go to Settings>device>sounds, the ringtones and notifications are lumped in together. How can I disable these other annoying sounds like receipt of FB updates, emails, etc.

antilles76

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
You have to go into the settings for each app and turn off the notifications. You can turn off the sound, vibrate or notifications all together.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't like my phone to make alot of noises, especially at night. However, I want to hear it ring (obviously) and when I get texts. I really don't care about anything else. But, I don't need to know if I get an email on something like one of my junk email accounts. So how does one go about selectively disabling these sounds? If you go to Settings>device>sounds, the ringtones and notifications are lumped in together. How can I disable these other annoying sounds like receipt of FB updates, emails, etc.

Welcome to the forums.
Do you want to disable notifications entirely or just at night?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz