Music on Nexus 5

Paul Chung

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am a new android user, so up until now I have been using itunes as my main source for organizing and playing music files. I don't want to use Google Play Music. What is the next best alternative to putting music on my phone so I can listen on the go?

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I am a new android user, so up until now I have been using itunes as my main source for organizing and playing music files. I don't want to use Google Play Music. What is the next best alternative to putting music on my phone so I can listen on the go?

I have all my music (about 9,000 songs) stored in Amazon MP3 cloud, and it works on multiple platforms (iOS included), except for Windows phone.

KC1988

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
For syncing iTunes playlists to the Nexus 5, I recommend Easy Phone Tunes app. Install the app on phone and PC, hook up usb cable and sync your playlist.

Moosebear

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
For syncing iTunes playlists to the Nexus 5, I recommend Easy Phone Tunes app. Install the app on phone and PC, hook up usb cable and sync your playlist.

Would this allow me to copy music from my Itunes Match account into the memory of my phone? OR allow me to stream it? Or both?

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Just curious. Why don't you like Google Music? Poweramp is great. Lots of options and supported formats. Looks great too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

antheauxny

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
iSyncr is another option. I have been using it. Not as smooth and quick as simply using iTunes but it is a decent alternative.

+1
iSyncr is easy to use and I personally never experienced any issues with it when I transferred music from my iTunes to whatever android device I was using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smalba

May 2, 2013
Visit site
I uploaded all my songs to Google play and have been using the Google Music app to stream them. I am loving it because I can make play lists on my pc and tablet and it all syncs to all my devices so I got it on my phone. Honestly I have been loving it.

I used to use power amp and I can testify that it's a great app and probably my 2nd choice after Google play. Especially if you have a data cap and can't stream.

dotheDVDeed

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Surprised at the recommendations for iSyncr in this thread.

What Android music player are you using with it? I selected export playlists in iSyncr trial version but they never showed up in doubleTwist.

Tried doubleTwist airsync but with no control over WiFi at work my ethernet-wired Mac can't connect with it.

From doubleTwist tech support:

The Nexus 5 only has USB MTP mode, which the Mac does not recognize without additional software. In addition, doubleTwist was not designed for USB MTP as it expects USB Mass Storage (MSC) mode.

You should have been able to use AirSync to sync but if you are using a work network, they might be blocking port 9968, which AirSync requires.

Aaaargh!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma