Love my N5, no issues at all!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hi folks! Just wanted to offer a break from all the negative threads in here. Not bashing those threads but wanted to offer a new one with a twist...

I have ZERO issues with my Nexus 5 and absolutely LOVE it! Bone stock black 32gb version with a Spigen Neo Hybrid case, no screen protector for the moment. Using it on ATT go phone plan and charging it wirelessly with Vivealive.net Versa II charger!

Let's read some POSITIVE comments!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm with you. Loving mine, 32 gb, sporting a MYBAT case, waiting for a brown Caseology case to arrive soon. On T-Mobile.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8256055)

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
All good here! :) Love this N5! I see that AT&T is staring a new family plan with unlimited minutes and 10GB data. That will work nicely for me. I've been using my N5 as a hotspot for my Surface Pro 2, and the added data will be a good thing!

Cassie_RVT

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hello!! I love it too! I've had mine for 3 weeks now almost 4. Its black 16GB. Using Apex Launcher and different SMS app b/c I didn't like Hangouts. So far no issues!!
A feature I love is how I can change my LED notification light to who is messaging me and all are assigned a different colour. And also seeing that notification light that I got a message or whatever else is so cool!!!
I ordered 3 cases off Amazon for it. I got a purple wallet case which I love b/c it allows the sleep wake sensor to work when I'm opening/closing it. I love not having to always press the power button!! But I also got 2 gel bumper cases too. A Cruzerlite case which is turquoise with the little android guys on the back, and a solid purple one (brand unknown).
I had also bought a pink bumper case initially at the mall just to have a case when I first bought it.

I'm not using a screen protector either. So far so good! I love this Nexus!!

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Love my Nexus 5 though I do occasionally have WiFi glitch at home.
Do hope Google sticks with Nexus line though rumors suggest it will end in 2015. I want to continue with Nexus phones for years because the pluses are terribly strong, including regular updates, smoothness, etc.

Goodfella1978

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Hell yeah, I had the HTC One which I LOVED but couldn't resist some pure Google (I personally hadn't experienced that since my Nexus One!) so got the Nexus 5 32GB White 2 days after release. I have had no issues in that time. No case, no screen protector. I just love the slim and light feel of it as it is (and like to live my life dangerously).

I've recently rooted and installed CM11 to have some fun with root only privileges and I just love this device all the more now! Never looked back. Actually, I do have one minor regret. I wish I could have got the black version of the N5 but they'd all gone. White is still nice but hey, it's what's on the inside that counts! Hehe

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
*chess pump* Yeah!!

It's the Super Phone to beat.

"I will put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras." - MacKenzie (The Newsroom, HBO)

ChuckG73

Feb 10, 2010
Visit site
Loving my black 32 gb Nexus 5 and it is ROCKING a red Tech 21 case!!! Yesterday I got out of my car and had the phone in my lap, some home the phone was launched up into the air and out the door onto the pavement. Whew....the case works as advertised!!!!! Moved from Big RED to ATT and could not be happier!!!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the 32GB in a Champagne Gold Neo Hybrid with the Zagg HD screen protector. I absolutely love it. I haven't had any issues except with Hangouts I get delayed messages even though I can send messages no problem. That's more than likely an app problem or possibly data coverage and not the phone itself. Great phone, definitely what i'd consider to be the best phone i've owned to date.

Goodfella1978

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I know....just wanted to bump the thread back to the top! LOL

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Haha, seriously though, I can imagine divorce being on the cards as I spend SO much time messing with my N5. This phone is absolute class! I've converted 3 Apple Fanboys (and one Apple Fangirl) to Android in my office. None have gone for Nexus yet though.

PS: My youngest daughter dented the bezel on my N5 a week after I got it. Not good! I'll let her off though... Just this once!

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I still love mine! I hope the Nexus line will continue and not morph into an implanted chip or something. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Perfect phone, 32gb black running stock. No case as I prefer the way it feels out the box. I have a panic attack anytime I let it slip through my hands tho!! I've tried all other phones but just love the way nexus is pure google, hope. Nexus lasts forever!!

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I switched to a black N5 from the HTC One on T-mobile. I love it so far. I have not had any of the problems that others have reported such as wobbly buttons, etc. There is some play in the power button, but not any more than on other phones that I have owned.
I simply love the pure Google experience. The only thing that I can honestly say that I miss are the T-Mobile visual voicemail. The app is not compatible, but hopefully a software update will fix that. Battery life has been just OK so far, but I think that I can chalk that up to playing with it all the time. Another thing that I am happy with is the camera. Anyone coming from a HTC One will probably agree that they do not miss the horrible purple tint on all low light photos.
Cheers all!

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I've had a great experience with my Nexus 5 as well. No quality control problems what so ever. My only gripe is with the radios. I get pretty poor reception with both the WiFi signal and service signals. Other than that this has been an amazing phone.
I'm on AT&T and have a Black 32GB model.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze