Lag when connected to power

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but when every I'm connected to USB power my phone lags really bad. At first I thought it was my kernel so I witched back and forth between the stock kernel and franco's R32. I realized it wasn't until I unplugged my phone that the responsiveness returned :confused: So has anyone else experienced something to this effect?

PS the lag I'm talking about is VERY noticeable, random pauses when scrolling, inadvertent application starts, etc.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just to clarify, by "connected to USB power" do you mean connected to a PC or laptop, or do you mean connected to a standard charger brick with a USB cable?

If the latter, are you using the stock charger brick and cable?

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Just to clarify, by "connected to USB power" do you mean connected to a PC or laptop, or do you mean connected to a standard charger brick with a USB cable?

If the latter, are you using the stock charger brick and cable?

ahh, my science is flawed. I forgot the check with my laptop. I was using an aftermarket 1A wall charger (away from home and the plugs are different here). When connected to my laptop, I have not lag issues. I would find it hard to believe (but still plausible) that an aftermarket power source could cause these types of issues. 1A out of the stock brick should be 1A anywhere else correct??

PS with the aftermarket wall charger my phone charges WICKED fast.

Caleb Pelton

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
OK. I was asking to ensure that the phone isn't plugged directly into a 220 outlet. I haven't looked at the specs on the phone, but they aren't usually made to go into 220.

Posted via Android Central App

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
shouldn't be a problem regardless, the nexus 5 brick will take any power 110-240, the matter is the different countries use different shaped plugs. and the input doesn't matter as long as your output is 5V. I guess my question now is are there severe variances with the outputs some bricks display caused by some internal component

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze