Google Nexus 5 now available in Red - Who's getting one?

James Falconer

Former Community Manager
Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
google-nexus-5-red.png

We all knew it was coming... and today turned out to be the day. The Nexus 5 is now available in 'bright red' in the Google Play devices store. The new edition is available at the same price points as the black and white versions, and at the moment they're shipping out in 1-2 business days.

My question is... WHO'S GETTING ONE?

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
forget waiting on google, Take the thing apart and paint it yourself. the phone is held together with CLIPS, thats it, and some adhesive pads at the bottom of the backing

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
I broke down and bought one for the wife... with a black LG case.................. :(

Wish they put out a red flip case at the same time.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I got an email from Google with a "Buy Now" button in it, haha! Too bad I can't justify splurging, but I'd prefer a light violet anyway. :D

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I got one, hope it ships tonight and gets here tomorrow but as long as it's here by Friday I'm good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I got one, hope it ships tonight and gets here tomorrow but as long as it's here by Friday I'm good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
In the same boat here i hope it ships tonight but its probably going to ship tomorrow night. What time did you place your order at?

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It says will leave warehouse on 2/6 which is kind of lame but maybe it's just an "under promise, over deliver" kind of thing. I'm using a 5s so I'm not in bad shape I just love the color and like stock Android and can't wait to try out Kit Kat. Too bad it won't come with a candy bar, then I'd be in heaven.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
It says will leave warehouse on 2/6 which is kind of lame but maybe it's just an "under promise, over deliver" kind of thing. I'm using a 5s so I'm not in bad shape I just love the color and like stock Android and can't wait to try out Kit Kat. Too bad it won't come with a candy bar, then I'd be in heaven.

I bought a nexus 5 in black when it released loved the phone, then i sold it when the rumors of the red one came out and now i am stuck with my nexus 4. I don't like the nexus 4 as much as the nexus 5, i like how the 5 fits in my hand better then the nexus 4. I cant wait till it comes i payed extra for 1 day shipping because i cant stand my nexus 4.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like the look of the red. But it is only worth it if you are going naked. If you are going to put a case on it but like the red color, then just get the red case for the black or white Nexus.

Sent from my iPhone 5S. The "S" is for sexy.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Definitely going naked with it to show it off. I've actually been surprised to see quite a few N5s out in the wild recently. My shipping notification came in early this morning and says it'll be here today. Tech life is good 👍

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Definitely going naked with it to show it off. I've actually been surprised to see quite a few N5s out in the wild recently. My shipping notification came in early this morning and says it'll be here today. Tech life is good ��

ya same here getting my nexus 5 today also.