Looking for good data switching widgets

ericbro

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
On my HTC EVO 4G I had separate widgets to a) turn on/off airplane mode, b) turn on/off 3G (when I wanted to save battery), c) turn on/off 4G (when I temporarily needed speed). Also switches to turn on/off wifi, Bluetooth, and GPS. I never thought about where they came from, but I guess they were widgets available from HTC. I'd like to find similar controls, but can't seem to find anything good. Does anyone have any good suggestions?

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This is my notification screen with my power toggles on it. Make any toggle and put them here or on your home screens, or both

1391559395758.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can also put app shortcuts in the Power Toggles bar as well. Since the KitKat launcher on the Nexus 5 no longer has the Play Store shortcut in the App Drawer view, I placed a Play Store shortcut in my Power Toggles notification bar.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I was wondering if that might be confusing.:confused: On other devices like my Nexus 7, there's a shortcut to the Play Store at the upper right when you open the App Drawer. With the exclusive KitKat interface on the Nexus 5 (the "Google Experience Launcher"), there is no longer a Play Store shortcut up in the corner of the App Drawer screen. I always like to conserve homescreen real estate, so I usually relied on that App Drawer shortcut to get to the Play Store easily, rather than place a separate shortcut on the homescreen. On my Nexus 5, since that corner shortcut is gone, I instead added a Play Store shortcut to the Power Toggles Notification that I placed in the Notification Shade--so to get to the Play Store easily, I just swipe down and tap it.

Hmm, that still seems confusing.:-\

- - - Updated - - -

so you guys don't find the two-finger swipe quick settings any useful?

The two-finger swipe can sometimes be a little finicky. You also can't customize it. And the wi-fi toggle requires a long-press, since a short-tap brings you to the wi-fi menu.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome