contacts not showing up in phone app contacts

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope, can't say I've experienced that.

Make sure everything is fully synced with your Google account, and when entering a new contact or editing an old one make sure you tap "done" at the top of the screen. I've made the mistake of backing out (using the back button) and it doesn't always save then.

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
If you mean show up in dialer app, it won't do that. That list only shows the contacts you recently called or received calls. You are supposed to key in the name at the top to do a search in your contacts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Ya I was pressing all contacts. It's working now. Idk why it's working now and but wasn't for the contacts I initially put in. Oh well!

Posted via Android Central App

guammax

Sep 21, 2015
Visit site
Part of the title or name gets put in the "middle name" line which android google contacts does not see when searching. If you revert to the "old" contacts version on your desktop you can separate the different lines and move the important info from "middle" to "first" or "last" lines.

socal.mdb

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I have the same exact problem on my Note 4 after doing the update. This is somewhat troubling as it is my wife's contact and all 300+ other contact are there..

smpoojary

Dec 9, 2016
Visit site
Goto Contact ==> Settings ==> Contacts to Display ==> Enable all options ==> Restart your mobile.
These options will be having to display contacts from SIM1, SIM2, gmail and etc. While displaying contact, do not forget to select All.

urbanman2004

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Goto Contact ==> Settings ==> Contacts to Display ==> Enable all options ==> Restart your mobile.
These options will be having to display contacts from SIM1, SIM2, gmail and etc. While displaying contact, do not forget to select All.

On my Samsung Galaxy S7, I went to Phone App -> Settings -> Turn off and turn on "Hide contacts without numbers"

MichelleR78

Feb 14, 2018
Visit site
If I enter a contact into the people app it won't show up in my phone contacts. Is anyone else dealing with this?

Posted via Android Central App

Ive had the same issue. Go to your contacts-select the drop down menu-go to settings-general settings- and then disable "rapid contact search". This is what worked for me....hopefully it works for you.