The Best Method on Charging Nexus 5 Battery?

jauhari

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
Does there any Tips how to Charging our Nexus 5 battery? My question is simple. Which one better
  • Charging Battery whenever we want it
  • Charging Battery when Battery below 20%
  • Charging battery when Android sent messages that our battery below 15% or less
From our list above which one better? That I mean that more healthy for our Nexus 5 battery. Thanks

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
I charge it when I'm in the car on the way to work. I leave it plugged into the computer at work for part of the day to keep it charged and I charge it on the way home too.

Posted via Android Central App

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
not sure what the best practice is, but a good friend of mine buys all kinds of batteries for one of his clients and he told me that when you charge your cell phone:

-don't drain the battery every time. this should be done in seldom.
-when you charge your phone, don't stop at 75% or 80%, you should fully charge your phone and disconnect it right away.
-let your battery run down to about 40-50% before you charge. no need to wait for 20%.

i've been following my friend's advise on all my devises and i have no complaint with my battery life.

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
-when you charge your phone, don't stop at 75% or 80%, you should fully charge your phone and disconnect it right away.
That one is wrong. Stopping at at 75-80% is better for the battery, read the info at the link I gave in my earlier post. That isn't to say I normally do it, I'd rather not worry about it, but if you don't find it inconvenient it is better for the battery.

JConn_Lefty

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
That one is wrong. Stopping at at 75-80% is better for the battery, read the info at the link I gave in my earlier post. That isn't to say I normally do it, I'd rather not worry about it, but if you don't find it inconvenient it is better for the battery.

if you only charge to 80% every time, then that 20% of battery is never getting used/charged right? how is that good for the battery?

retsaw

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
if you only charge to 80% every time, then that 20% of battery is never getting used/charged right? how is that good for the battery?

Because it stresses the battery less. Read the info at the battery university link.

oberkc

May 27, 2011
Visit site
my understanding is the same as retsaw. More damage comes from the extremes (both discharging or charging) of the envelope for charging. If battery life is the overriding concern, don't fully charge or discharge.

Moosebear

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Given the battery life on this thing I'm gonna charge it all the frikkin' time, keep it plugged in when I can. It's a $450 phone, a new battery isn't going to cost that much. If I need one.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza