Nexus 5 on Sprint

TheAshWilliams

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a Note 3. Debating on getting a Nexus 5 for a secondary or maybe even primary. How does the 5 do on Sprint networks? I'm in Las Vegas. Sorry it's kind of a broad and non specific question I'm just looking for opinions.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 3

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I have a Note 3. Debating on getting a Nexus 5 for a secondary or maybe even primary. How does the 5 do on Sprint networks? I'm in Las Vegas. Sorry it's kind of a broad and non specific question I'm just looking for opinions.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 3

I have the N5 on Sprint, but I'm in Boston where the bulk of the LTE deployment is finished. It's a great phone, perfect size, fast updates, no issues on sprint.

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

Daden04

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I have Sprint in the Chicago suburbs. I don't get LTE everywhere but do where it would matter most (home, work). Otherwise the only other issue I have is Pandora will sometimes take longer than usual to load a song but its nothing I can't live with.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Works good. But be aware that this phone will turn not permit data over LTE when you are on a phonecall. It doesn't have a separate CDMA radio for voice, and it doesn't support Voice over LTE. So, if you get a call, you won't get data over LTE.

Other than that, no complaints (well, besides Sprint's sucky LTE coverage - depending on where you are)

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I tested the networks before I moved to the Nexus 5, AT&T was the clear winner. I went into the Sprint and AT&T stores in the main shopping area of Nashua NH and ran Speedtest on their demo models (I used an S4 in the AT&T store because they don't sell the N5 directly). AT&T delivered 41Mbits, Sprint 6Mbits, both were showing good LTE connections. I didn't bother with T-Mobile because they have no coverage outside of major cities, in my town their map shows them as 2G. My N5 gets in the high 30s and low 40s in many places that I've tested, I've never gotten anything near as low as the 6Mbits that I saw in the Sprint store. My suggestion to you is that you do the same thing in your area, go into their store and run Speedtest on their demo phones (not all of the demo phones will allow you to install apps but there are always some phones where you can do it).