[Nexus 5] Question about different charger than supplied one

Deaglegame

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Alright, so I forgot my USB charger at work (both the cable and the power outlet)

Now I have the one of my old Windows Phone, but while reading Google's information about chargers, it stated:

The input voltage range between the wall outlet and this travel adapter is AC 100V– 240V, and the travel adapter’s output voltage is DC 5V, 1.2A.

Now everything is exactly the same on my Nokia Lumia charger, except instead of being 1.2A output, it is 1.3A.

Could this cause any issue if I charge it once or twice during the weekend until I get the new one? I'm wondering since it is also written:

Use only the travel adapter and micro USB cable that come with your Nexus 5. Using a different travel adapter or cable may damage your phone.

Sorry if this has been asked, I tried searching but didn't find anything on the first couple pages.

Thanks!

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
It'll be just fine. As long as the voltage is the same it'll work. The higher the current output the more power the adaptor can provide, but the phone will only as much as it needs up to the max the adaptor can provide.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Deaglegame

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Perfect, thank you very much!

It'll be just fine. As long as the voltage is the same it'll work. The higher the current output the more power the adaptor can provide, but the phone will only as much as it needs up to the max the adaptor can provide.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app