Setup Wizard has stopped working (Non Root)

keerf

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I got a 32gb Nexus 5 today. I don't have a sim in the phone yet, but I wanted to set it up. I went through the setup process, skipped the sim setup, added my google account, etc.

When it started automatically downloading things, this message popped up saying Setup Wizard has stopped working. I hit ok, and did see the error again. No other issues yet, but just curious about that one.

Is it a google app that needed to be updated? Or is it the fact there is no sim? Like I said no other issues (for the 10 minutes I've used it). Just curious.

Thanks for any insight.

Oh and a quick edit - I've done a factory reset and cache wipe.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The lack of the SIM shouldn't cause any issues. Which Setup Wizard failed? Was it during play store app auto updates? or during the download of an OS update?
Did the error occur after you did factory reset too?

As long as there are no other issues, I personally wouldn't worry about it.

keerf

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
The lack of the SIM shouldn't cause any issues. Which Setup Wizard failed? Was it during play store app auto updates? or during the download of an OS update?
Did the error occur after you did factory reset too?

As long as there are no other issues, I personally wouldn't worry about it.

I hate to say I didn't see which setup wizard it was. Just a general "Unfortunately Setup Wizard has stopped working".

The error itself seemed to show up after I entered my google account, and updates started downloading.

And yes, the error did show up after a factory reset and cache wipe. It only appeared the one time, and like I said, it seemed to be when the auto update of apps started.

Thanks.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If it occurred only once, and everything seems to be working ok now, I wouldn't worry about it. Reboot your phone just to see if that triggers any errors.

keerf

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
If it occurred only once, and everything seems to be working ok now, I wouldn't worry about it. Reboot your phone just to see if that triggers any errors.

Actually good news, we have a Nexus phone here at the office, I did a factory wipe on it. Then added my account and got the error. It looks like something updating from the play store.

Thanks for all the help!

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually good news, we have a Nexus phone here at the office, I did a factory wipe on it. Then added my account and got the error. It looks like something updating from the play store.

That is really weird. While I'm not going to do a factory reset on my phone to try this out (lol), I'm glad you found someone who could help test this. Wonder what app update caused this issue. No biggie regardless. Enjoy your phone :)

Tim Conroy

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I went to update, I also got the set up wizard error but I can't proceed ne further it just keeps comin up.... Also a error telling me to uninstall and then reinstall google +, ne ideas? Thanks..