how to restore favorites tray on home screen

Shelly Xi

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
just got my nexus 5 yesterday and was playing with it. being the ***** that i am, i decided to remove the favorites tray, thinking i wouldnt need it. it is the icon labeled Google on the left lower corner that contained the stock Google apps like Gmail, Google drive,etc.

so now i want to restore the tray to my home screen, but i cant find it in my app drawer. please help!

Posted via Android Central App

gmurphy0487

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you talking about the folder that had all of the Google apps in it? If so, you can just make the folder again. Just open your app drawer and pick a google app. Drag it to your homescreen. Then do the same thing with each Google app you want, but don't drop them in an open space. Hold them over the other app to make a folder. You can then change the name of the folder by opening the folder, and tapping where it says unnamed folder.

patruns

May 21, 2011
Visit site
It is just a folder. Place shortcuts for each of the apps that were in it and drag one on top of the other. That will create a folder with the apps like before.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
just got my nexus 5 yesterday and was playing with it. being the ***** that i am, i decided to remove the favorites tray, thinking i wouldnt need it. it is the icon labeled Google on the left lower corner that contained the stock Google apps like Gmail, Google drive,etc.

so now i want to restore the tray to my home screen, but i cant find it in my app drawer. please help!

Posted via Android Central App

Welcome to the forums.
You can recreate it, just by putting all the Google apps on your screen and then when you put one icon over another it will create a folder.

camanokid

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
As a sidenote....you can place folders in the Favorites Tray!
Thereby, your Favorites tray can have an "unlimited" number of icons!
I have one folder for "Tools" related icons and one for "Phone" related icons.

Errymoose

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site
Creating folders like this is fine, but you end up with these fugly 'icons' for it that's just a bunch of other overlayed icons. Is there any way of setting a custom icon for a folder?

This seems like a pretty silly thing to leave out...

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Not with the stock launcher. Easy to do with Nova and Action Launcher (probably others too)

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12