lock screen

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
hey guys loving my nexus 5 rooted with some cool tweaks. just wondering if you use the stock lockscreen or you have a different one installed, thoughts ?

Cassie_RVT

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
I am currently using the stock lock screen. I had Go Locker up until about 3 hrs ago then I found out here (in another thread a little lower) that it doesn't actually lock your phone, and you can easily bypass the PIN # screen by touching the recent apps softkey and clicking whatever program you want.
That being said, i'm now using the stock lock. BUT I'm not sure I like it because when I press my PIN # it really lags and leaves the actual # visable for about 3 seconds before it turns to the dot. Why does it take so long? I don't want anyone looking over my shoulder and seeing my pin b/c I feel like you can easily get my number with it lagging like that.

Do you notice that too? Or am I being picky? lol :)

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I removed the lock screen because I don't take my N5 outside (it's still not on a carrier yet) and I don't like the extra step of swiping. But this does make me think about adding back the pin to my other phone which I do use when I go out. It's inconvenient but safer. :-/

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
i dont have a pin control set up on my device im pretty confident it wont get stolen from me lol and if i did lose it etc i can wipe it remotley and buy another,. the lag must be pretty annoying though

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
i dont have a pin control set up on my device im pretty confident it wont get stolen from me lol and if i did lose it etc i can wipe it remotley and buy another,. the lag must be pretty annoying though

Oh, I missed that part about the pin being laggy. Hmm. I wonder why.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
I am currently using the stock lock screen. I had Go Locker up until about 3 hrs ago then I found out here (in another thread a little lower) that it doesn't actually lock your phone, and you can easily bypass the PIN # screen by touching the recent apps softkey and clicking whatever program you want.
That being said, i'm now using the stock lock. BUT I'm not sure I like it because when I press my PIN # it really lags and leaves the actual # visable for about 3 seconds before it turns to the dot. Why does it take so long? I don't want anyone looking over my shoulder and seeing my pin b/c I feel like you can easily get my number with it lagging like that.

Do you notice that too? Or am I being picky? lol :)

Do you have a launcher installed rooted?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Cassie_RVT

Feb 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Dave! I use Nova Launcher and I'm not rooted.
I guess the lag isn't the hugest deal, I'm pretty sure my phone wont get stolen but if its around the house I don't want people snooping.

Last edited:

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
That's fair enough. I use Nova not noticed any lag on my n5 or n7. Do you have any animations on?

dave3389

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
You could give it a try. I used to use widget locker and Nova using animations once I turned them off there was no lag not saying it will sort your problem but it's worth a try

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
one01