Hotmail Doesn't Push

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got my Hotmail set up to push, but I usually get most of my emails a good 20-30 minutes late. Is this a bug or is this something I can fix by changing some settings? Any advice? Thanks.

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
How is your WiFi/mobile data set up? Is WiFi set up to disconnect when phone is on standby? Do you have greenify or other battery saving apps installed?
I usually get my hotmail (set up as exchange - push) within seconds of receiving it on desktop outlook.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
How is your WiFi/mobile data set up? Is WiFi set up to disconnect when phone is on standby? Do you have greenify or other battery saving apps installed?
I usually get my hotmail (set up as exchange - push) within seconds of receiving it on desktop outlook.

Data is set to never go to sleep. I do have it set to maximize battery life on WiFi. No apps like that installed. So I can't figure it out. Same setup I had on my Moto X and that one was pretty much immediate.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I've got my Hotmail set up to push, but I usually get most of my emails a good 20-30 minutes late. Is this a bug or is this something I can fix by changing some settings? Any advice? Thanks.

Is it just your Hotmail that is coming in late? Or does your gmail come in late too with the stock app?

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

foxbat121

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I do have it set to maximize battery life on WiFi.

Did you try NOT to use the maximize battery life setting? I don't know exact what this does but may be it turns off wifi once in a while to maximize the battery life.

My Hotmail pushes fine using the stock email client.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Did you try NOT to use the maximize battery life setting? I don't know exact what this does but may be it turns off wifi once in a while to maximize the battery life.

My Hotmail pushes fine using the stock email client.

I didn't even think about that since I had it set to keep WiFi on. Maybe I'll try that out and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463