Need help for stupid mistake

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello i just did a stupid mistake and rooted my device without backing up. I had taken picture of the notes i needed for class and now the folder i had made for it show the icons for the picture but when i press on them it doesn't show anything. I need these notes and I am wondering if anyone knows a way or a app to get these pictures to show up?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-02-24-21-54-35.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-02-24-21-54-35.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 54

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Did you look for the folder the pictures are in and see if you can open them from there? Any good file manager will do, like ES File Explorer.

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
You mentioned you rooted your device. Was your bootloader unlocked before this? Or did you unlock your bootloader as part of the rooting process?
If you unlocked your bootloader (without having a backup), you may be SOL. Unlocking will wipe your device. (Rooting doesn't)

The only hope would be if you had your pictures set up to be automatically backed up to google plus or dropbox or copy or one of the other online storage sites. If so, you can recover from there.

If your bootloader was unlocked earlier (and you had taken pictures after that, that you are looking for), you may be able to recover them.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
You mentioned you rooted your device. Was your bootloader unlocked before this? Or did you unlock your bootloader as part of the rooting process?
If you unlocked your bootloader (without having a backup), you may be SOL. Unlocking will wipe your device. (Rooting doesn't)

The only hope would be if you had your pictures set up to be automatically backed up to google plus or dropbox or copy or one of the other online storage sites. If so, you can recover from there.

If your bootloader was unlocked earlier (and you had taken pictures after that, that you are looking for), you may be able to recover them.
Nope the bootloader was locked so I unlocked it and it wiped everything.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Nope, but thanks for the help guys i have given up.

If this is showing up after a bootloader unlock that makes absolutely no sense. The phone is completely wiped clean when you unlock the device. Its actually more thorough than a normal factory reset for security reasons. This is why it usually takes longer than a normal, recovery based factory reset. You could try connecting the N5 to the computer and trying out this application on the pictures folder.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci