Has anyone seen this?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The controls are there--I can actually see them. It just looks like the background got corrupted. I've seen a similar things happen once or twice, can't remember if it was my N5 or N7. It resolved on its own.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Maybe clear the cache for Google Music. Or try and uninstall any updates if it allows it and reinstall. That may help quickly solve the issue.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
So you did a full factory reset, but then restored all of your apps? It would have been good to see if that corruption was still there before reinstalling your apps, because my suspicion is that it's a 3rd party app that is causing the glitch. You could boot in to Safe Mode to confirm that: Reset: Google Nexus 5 | T-Mobile Support

remipmc

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
So you did a full factory reset, but then restored all of your apps? It would have been good to see if that corruption was still there before reinstalling your apps, because my suspicion is that it's a 3rd party app that is causing the glitch. You could boot in to Safe Mode to confirm that: Reset: Google Nexus 5 | T-Mobile Support

OK so last night I was able to finally flash a custom ROM to see if it was an issue with the stock ROM being corrupted, but unfortunately that went sideways when I was unable to flash google apps properly. So it was back to square one, and I had to end up doing a full restore to stock image using adb tools. I had few minor hiccups with getting the tar file from google extracted properly on my windows 8 machine, so i ended up using my mac instead. was able to flash the stock image, while retaining the unlocked bootloader. once the stock image was flashed i confirmed the bug no longer existed, then proceeded to regain root successfully. verified once again that root had no impact on the player, then flashed a volume speaker mod and once again no issues. so i am back to where i was before all this mess began. valuable lessons learned, and i am keeping my mods to a minimum going forward ;)

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I bet something went wrong with the factory version of the Google Play Music app. An uninstall via Titanium backup and install via the Play Store might have fixed it. I did that to my N5 even though it was fine because it drives me crazy when apps are system apps and I can't download updates before it's rolled out to me.

I always like to keep mods down as bare minimum as I can. It's never a good idea to overwhelm the original OS. The only major change I made was Franco's kernel and a minor undervolt with a bigger underclock (1GHz for CPU and 100MHz for GPU). Glad you got things figured out.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech