Exchange email calendar invites

marcm

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Do any of you using the stock email app have issues with Exchange meeting/calendar invites? If I receive a meeting request via email (from my work account) there are no details about the invite (date, time or location). I am given the option for the following in the body of the email:

Calendar Invite - "View in Calendar"
Going? - "Yes", "Maybe" or "No"

If I choose "View in Calendar", my calendar will open to the invite date, but will not show the proposed time block, just what is already scheduled for that date. If I choose "Yes" to accept, there is a small prompt stating "responding to sender" (or something similar), however it never shows up in the calendar.

email version v6.1-937116
Calendar version 201308023

Anyone experience anything similar?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I gotta tell you, I am really liking Touchdown HD as an Exchange mail client.

Not sure yet if I'm willing to pay the hefty license fee, but built-in support for Outlook calendars, tasks, meetings/appointments, etc. is so far beyond what the stock mail client does as to be in another universe.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I gotta tell you, I am really liking Touchdown HD as an Exchange mail client.

Not sure yet if I'm willing to pay the hefty license fee, but built-in support for Outlook calendars, tasks, meetings/appointments, etc. is so far beyond what the stock mail client does as to be in another universe.

Hefty license fee is because they have to pay a hefty license fee.

Don't have it in front of me, but Exchange licensing started either at high 5 digits or low 6 digits plus royalties per sale.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hefty license fee is because they have to pay a hefty license fee.

Don't have it in front of me, but Exchange licensing started either at high 5 digits or low 6 digits plus royalties per sale.

Well you may be correct, but Touchdown isn't an Exchange Server after all, more of an Outlook Client.

I'll probably spend the $19.95 because I do like the app and can always charge it to my company credit card as a justifiable businesses expense if I really want to. But I can see how the average guy might balk at the amount.

marcm

Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
I used to have a Galaxy S4 before my Nexus 5 and did not have the issue with the S4 email app with calendar invites. Don't recall the email app version, it might of been Samsung's.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Well you may be correct, but Touchdown isn't an Exchange Server after all, more of an Outlook Client.

I'll probably spend the $19.95 because I do like the app and can always charge it to my company credit card as a justifiable businesses expense if I really want to. But I can see how the average guy might balk at the amount.

Who said it was an exchange server, its an exchange client. Microsoft demands somewhere between 50K-150K (might be more now) upfront for any Email Client that wishes to have the capability to connect to any Exchange Server plus royalties(min $1). Prices probably has change since I have been involved in a project that needed this licensing.

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I used to have a Galaxy S4 before my Nexus 5 and did not have the issue with the S4 email app with calendar invites. Don't recall the email app version, it might of been Samsung's.

Yes, that was Samsung's own app. I agree, it was MUCH better at handling calendar invites and also attachements. If I have a long e-mail thread and get attachements on the latest, I have to scroll passed all e-mail before reaching the bottom where the attachements are available.

Jakecoded

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes. It's maddening and I'm losing meeting information. I really think the whole notification settings on this phone need an overhaul, I'm honestly ready to take back my Nexus 6 and get the Note 4 after having it for a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21