App that opens Wav files in email?

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Just curious what app people have installed that will play a wav file within the email app itself. Is, clicking on the wavv file in the email opens it up in the app, vs having to download the file exit the email app, go into a wav app and then find the file?

Have tried several without luck so far.

Thx

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I use BSplayer, but really don't think it does what you want. As soon as I find a wav file to email myself I'll test it...be right back.

EDIT: Ok I tested it, I don't see anything in settings where it can open the file while still in the email. If I click save I can than go straight to downloads(Download widget gets you there quick) where the wav was downloaded and click to listen to it, instantly opens wav in BSPlayer. Maybe takes 3 sec's.

I'll keep looking...

Last edited:

krifor03

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Just curious what app people have installed that will play a wav file within the email app itself. Is, clicking on the wavv file in the email opens it up in the app, vs having to download the file exit the email app, go into a wav app and then find the file?

Have tried several without luck so far.

Thx

what you're talking about is called Preview and you can't preview audio files (from your phone that is, you CAN do it from the web), you have to download them

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Is this some sort of Android specific thing? Really annoying. So far I can't open tiff files (fax messages from a fax server) or wav files (voice messages that I get via email).

Makes it difficult to reach this phone for business purposes.

thefishhawk

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
I never had this problem with my HTC One S so it must be specific to this phone not android. It would preview/play the file just fine.

I didn't even notice it was an issue until the other day when I got voicemail email but the transcription was so poor I needed the file. I hadn't looked for a solution yet.

Posted via Android Central App

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Oddly I just received a new RMA'd Nexus 5, and .wav files open directly from the emails now within Google Play Music app so I don't have to download the file, open a separate app, then search for the file in that app to play it.

joesworld

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I've got this problem too. Could have sworn that it worked a while ago too. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix it... very annoying!

joesworld

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just figured this out with the help of a lot of googling! Uninstall the updates to Google Play Music and the ability to listen to mp3 or wav voicemails within the email client works perfectly again!

Do this:
Settings > Apps > Google Play Music > Uninstall Updates

Looks like Google borked something in an update to the app... hopefully they fix it but in the meantime reverting to the stock version is a good compromise for me at least.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad