Should I Get A Replacement?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Having some issues with my Nexus 5. Wondering if I should get a replacement? This is actually my second N5 as the first one had some light bleed that I got an RMA for - and I'm not sure I want to have to deal with that again.

1. Wifi doesn't stay connected really well. My wife's S4 had perfect signal right next to my phone. She was getting 9+ Mbps and I was getting under 0.5 Mbps. I reset the phone a couple times and it finally started working, but only after about an hour after the last reset. So I don't know if the reset was related.

2. My wife also had good 4G service right next to me when I was in extended network.

3. My alarm icon on my notification bar keeps vanishing. I know this isn't a HUGE deal, as alarms still work, but I don't remember my first N5 doing this.

4. Recorded videos are a bit static-y. Not sure if it was the environment I was in or if it's a problem with the phone.

Anyone have any input? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've read about issues with wifi and 4G reception, so you may just have to request another replacement. Regarding wifi, see what happens if you reboot your home router. Do you also notice a big discrepancy between your phone and your wife's when you're using some other wifi network (like one at Starbucks)?

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I've read about issues with wifi and 4G reception, so you may just have to request another replacement. Regarding wifi, see what happens if you reboot your home router. Do you also notice a big discrepancy between your phone and your wife's when you're using some other wifi network (like one at Starbucks)?

We haven't been anywhere lately other than home to see how wifi would work somewhere else. The other reception issue was at a gym that was kind of out in the middle of nowhere. That's where I was in extended and she was in 4G (HSPA+, not LTE).

I'm actually thinking about factory resetting my phone and when I set it back up, not select restore from backup. I've heard that can cause issues with wifi.

If that doesn't help and if no one else has any ideas, it might be time for another replacement. But that will most likely have to wait anyway since we're leaving for Florida on Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol