Nexus 5 problems with data/internet

monsow

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks!

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think my Nexus 5 has some problems with data or GPS.

My problem is that my weather app for instance (when I swift to the left), doesn't always show the correct weather. Also, my data/signal is worse than many other phones, when I am in rooms with walls or in buildings. It feels like my phone just cannot catch the signal at these locations.

Is there anything I can do about this issue, or is it normal for Nexus phones?

Thanks in advance!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Who is your carrier? Do others around you with the same carrier have data issues?

Also is the weather widget updating in a timely manner? By default they usually only update every 6 hours.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hey folks!

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I think my Nexus 5 has some problems with data or GPS.

My problem is that my weather app for instance (when I swift to the left), doesn't always show the correct weather. Also, my data/signal is worse than many other phones, when I am in rooms with walls or in buildings. It feels like my phone just cannot catch the signal at these locations.

Is there anything I can do about this issue, or is it normal for Nexus phones?

Thanks in advance!

The weather app most likely is either buggy or there is a setting to auto pull the weather that is unticked. The signal problem has been reported by many but mine has been stronger than my old SII. You can try a different radio if you feel comfortable doing that as different radios will have different signal strengths depending on carrier and location. Directions are on my thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=357547 .

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

monsow

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
Almeuit I have a Danish carrier (Telenor). You probably don't know it.

gidgiddonihah I will try your solution later, when I have time.

Thanks for the answers so far :)