Massive battery drain

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
A couple of days ago I noticed a massive battery drain which was confirmed by battery snap app. The stair step pattern indicated an app misbehaving. Looking at my install history from App Install History I noticed that Google search was updated to 3.3.11 and it included some new notification feature for traffic alerts. Anyway I disabled the notifications and the battery drain stopped. So if anyone else is seeing a massive battery drain that has started in the past few days If start there.

Kage_

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Thor20003

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Did you just disable all notifications for the app, or is a there a way to disable the traffic info only by going into settings within the app?

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
The google search shows up the launcher as just Google. Scroll all the way to the bottom, select the 3 dots, Settings, Notifications, and uncheck Show updates from Google Now

Bront

May 21, 2012
Visit site
If search is taking a chunk of your battery, check location services and make sure all your NOW accounts are either On or Off. Mixing On and Off can cause Search to drain your battery getting stuck on the "off" accounts.

Leo G

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Like this? My wife and I have an S4. Mine is fine and hers does this, every day, day in and day out. Hers is 6 months newer than mine. I have them setup the same way, as close as possible. We have different apps on each phone so an exact setup isn't possible.

I have already done a full reset and the only app I had in there was Battery Monitor Widget and it still had this stair step battery draw. We have gone from 4.1 to 4.3 to 4.4.2 and the draw has stayed. I used several different apps to detect the app that was consuming the battery but never nailed it down. Looked like it was caused by a media server, but she has no music apps or music in the phone.

It's been perplexing.

orig.jpg
[/IMG]

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrisBowles513