Nexus 5 touch sensitivity

huddledfiber

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 5 running Android 4.4.2. Love the phone and everything about it....except 1 thing. About a week after I got decided it was time to install the Angry Birds collections on it. The lag between the time I touch the screen and when it registers in the game is so long it makes the games unplayable.

I have a Nexus 7 (newest version) and Angry Birds plays great on it with no lag at all. Am I missing something or is there some adjustment u can make?

I need my Angry Birds and don't have my N7 with me all the time. Please help!

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
There shouldn't be any lag or delay between the screen and the game. If there is, it's related to the game and not the device. I'd suggest uninstalling the reinstalling Angry Birds and see if that helps. If the problem is throughout the phone then possibly something else is causing issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree that it is more likely there is some kind of error in the app. Have you emailed the developer?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Three of the Angry Birds collections games runs as well on my Nexus 5 as my 2012 Nexus 7. Then again Angry Bird makes me too angry to play those games anymore.

There is nothing wrong with my Nexus 5 or 7 screen touch sensitivity since the game Auralux requires a ton more touch sensitivity than Angry Birds to play.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
This is not "touch sensitivity", it is "lag" that you are describing (lag = delay between action and reaction, usually caused by not having enough CPU/GPU available to service the app).

There should be no lag on the Nexus 5 when doing pretty much anything. At least, I have never found any. As others said, clear your cache partition and/or reinstall the game. If that doesn't do it, look at what else you have installed that might be causing a problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance