For those who are using the N5 for work ... calendar issues/app?

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
For anyone who is using their N5 for work with an Exchange based email/calendar system, as anyone found an app which permits you to view calendars of invite attendees? I.e., with my old BB when I setup a meeting during work hours, the calendar app allowed me to view the time slots of the people (other colleagues at work only of course) so that I could select "open" time slots for meetings vs accidentally booking a meeting during times they already had meetings booked.

Can't seem to do that with this phone.

Another issue is that when people book a calendar invite and attach say a word document to the calendar item, when I open up my calendar item on my N5 I don't get any of the attachments (unless I can find the original email invite).

This is highly annoying, so curious whether anyone has found an app for the above?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I know it is expensive (at $19.99 some might even say VERY expensive), but I cannot say enough good things about Touchdown HD as a fully-capable Exchange client. Sync not only email, but Tasks, Notes, Calendars, even configure your Out of Office message on the fly.

It takes a few days to figure out all of Touchdown's tools, but once you do you will never be satisfied with a lesser Exchange client.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...id=com.nitrodesk.honey.nitroid&token=qTHNUMg7

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Had that installed at one point in time (was the only app that fixed my issue with contacts not showing up in my car), but don't recall the ability to see other attendee calendars. Will check.

I do wish TD offered the ability to add POP/IMAP accounts, as I find it odd needing to have so many email apps on a phone (up to 3 when I install that).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
As you create a meeting request, add your attendees, then tap the three-bar menu icon at top right corner and select Availability. Scroll left-right to see available time slots then double-tap the top row to select a time window.

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, just saw that functionality. For some reason it says "fetching" and doesn't seem to pick up the attendee calendars (just mine).

Edit: Sent an email off to Nitrodesk support as it appears this could be issues with their implementation on certain Exchange Servers - I think we use 2013 which is still buggy in TD unfortunately).

Anyone know how secure TD is? E.g., some exchange/email clients like CloudMagic apparently index everyones email on their servers (which is frightening).

Last edited:

pbc

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
.. also, the calendar app doesn't appear to show any attachments that someone may have included in the calendar invite, at least from what I can tell (just inserted a "test" calendar item with a word document in it and I can't see a way to identify that an attachment is in the invite).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
.. also, the calendar app doesn't appear to show any attachments that someone may have included in the calendar invite, at least from what I can tell (just inserted a "test" calendar item with a word document in it and I can't see a way to identify that an attachment is in the invite).

I filed a support ticket on this; answer: "Due to an ActiveSync limitation, this can't be done."