Nexus 5: Wireless charger not working

Gareth H

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site
I had not had my coffee while reading this and I was wondering why pressing about the 'S' on the keyboard would help. Sip of coffee later and a light bulb moment, you meant the 'S' on the back. Pressed, clicked, worked!

Thank you very much for this solution :D

fuhrmanator00

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Heh. In my case, I was using a mini-usb cable plugged in to either my PC or a Google-supplied power adapter (not for the charger). The red LED was lighting on the wireless charger, which I never noticed before. This indicates insufficient power to the charger. Didn't see this mentioned yet, so here it is.

PtitBen

Nov 9, 2015
Visit site
Got my screen replaced yesterday .. and already lost Haptic feedback motor ...
This morning I put my phone on the wireless charging pad and .... not working either.

Thanks to the little press just above the 's' of nexus, it's working again !!!
Thanks for this tip! Now if anyone has an idea of getting haptic feedback back (it's a problem with the motor, I tried all vibration settings, even an app that forces vibration even if switched off in the input preferences), but no success.

Thanks again for the press 's' tip, spot on !

E_Alexander

May 27, 2022
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 wireless charger not working.

Excellent! I have opened my Nexus 5 a few times but it seems I always pressed the backside to be sure it was closed tight. Yesterday I didn't check the back, and finding your solution it worked as you said, made the pop-in noise. Thanks!!! :)