Nexus 5: Wireless charger not working

mrnaughty

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
My wireless charging stopped working, KitKat 4.4.2, USB still working anyone knows solution?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 wireless charger not working.

Have you tried moving it around on the pad, to make sure you aren't missing the sweet spot? Also, do you have any other devices that can wirelessly charge, like a Nexus 7? It's hard to tell right now if it's your phone or the pad that's causing the problem.

Your phone doesn't have a thick case on, does it?

mrnaughty

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

I got Spigen slim case, and yes, I tried to charge without case. To test charger I did test with Nexus 4 and it did work.

mrnaughty

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Is it hardware, software or firmware issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Try rebooting the phone, and see if it works then.

Posted via Android Central App

Gerryinbc

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Have you had the back of the phone off for any reason? If you do not put it back on properly that will cause the wireless charging to stop working.

Posted via Android Central App

mrnaughty

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Numerous times rebooted and never been taken or attempted to take apart.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

mrnaughty

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

No I did not as I have only one charger. Tried Nexus4 on same charger and it works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

JACluvsya

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I tried posting a link that solves the issue but Andriodcentral wont let me. Anyways trying to give credit where credit is due. If you have removed the back for any reason and the wireless charging doesnt work, press above the S a few cm up and you should hear the charging port pop in and voila! Works like a charm! :)

jj71787

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to revive an old thread but I got the nexus charger for Christmas. It worked until a week ago. I tried positioning it in different areas around the charger. The magnet makes the screen come on but it is not charging.

Tried different outlets, some give the red light and some don't but neither works with charging.

Brainerd

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

Worked for me, too. However, the contact is not vertically centered. It is 2 cm above the S and over toward the volume buttons. Kinda inline with the headphone jack.

FrankStar

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site

I tried posting a link that solves the issue but Andriodcentral wont let me. Anyways trying to give credit where credit is due. If you have removed the back for any reason and the wireless charging doesnt work, press above the S a few cm up and you should hear the charging port pop in and voila! Works like a charm! :)

I signed here just to say that you are my hero and I love you. Thanks mate!

wernerrapp

Mar 23, 2015
Visit site
Me too. The battery cover has contacts that connect wireless receiver to board. You can lift the board contacts slightly. It worked for me. Check YouTube Nexus 5 dissemble video for wireless receiver contacts. I removed my cover to replace battery and it went t... Up. Good luck