Nexus 5: Incoming call nothing on screen.

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue a couple of times where I am getting a incoming call as I can here my ringtone but nothing is displaying on the screen so I can't answer it. Its really weird. anyone else have the same issue?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Iggymart

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Incoming call nothing on screen.

No issues here. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Reboot or as a last resort, restore to factory settings. Its worth a shot.

Don't forget to back up your photos or documents to your PC before restoring...if you have to do this.

Posted via Android Central App

Fraslin#AC

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site

Yes, I have been having similar issues for maybe 3 weeks. Doesn't happen with every call but phone will ring and can't select to answer it. It is almost as if the phone app has locked up. Also, when hanging up on a call the icon will still show off the hook at times.

Have not found any fixes or workarounds yet

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

So you're saying that the phone only displays the homescreen while the phone is ringing? As opposed to the screen being blank or off while ringing?

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site

Whilst the phone is ringing it only shows the home screen icons opposed to whom is calling - answer or decline. In one instance I was on a call that I answered and when I finished I went to hang up but I could only see the home screen icons nothing in the notification bar so I could not hang up so I had to shut down the phone it was the only way. I was connected to phone banking so the other party couldn't hangup. Its really wired it doesn't happen all the time only sometimes mainly when the phone has locked and in my pocket. I have reverted back from ART to see if that makes any difference before I do a full wipe.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Ok, 2 questions:

1. Was you phone connected via Bluetooth to a headset at the time? I wonder if that might cause the typical answer screen not to show up, since it assumes you'll use your headset. I don't use one, so I can't say for sure--anyone else out there who uses BT headsets, any input on this?

2. When you were trying to hang up but couldn't, did you see a phone icon in the Notification Area? If so, then next time, swipe down and then tap the phone call notification, and you should be able to get back to the Dialer.

sam00

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
No Bluetooth headset or any other device connected. Nothing in the notification area either ad that's what I was looking for. Thanks for your input

kinus

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
hello, i got same problem on nexus 4 running 4.4.2 android.
i risked and rooted phone just to have possibility to view system logs when this occurs, and it looks like the same errors happens in this kind situation, but the problem is that google can't help much with them:(

04-09 11:27:27.177 E/ (177): csd_client_disable_device: Disable received in invalid state:1
04-09 11:27:27.177 E/ACDB-LOADER(177): Error: ACDB AudProc vol returned = -8
04-09 11:27:27.177 E/ (177): csd_client_enable_device: Enable received in invalid state 1

and such error is in logs too often when trying to make phone call:
4-09 11:27:27.487 E/BluetoothPhoneService(863): Could not get a handle on Connection object for the call

Any advice would be great

CarrDelling

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I have exactly the same problem.

Very annoying if you are seeking for jobs, and waiting for incoming calls of recruiters....

Anyway, let's hope someone comes with a solution soon.

Aaron Dery

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
1.download dialer app. 2.disable default dialer, clear app data and cache 3.restart phone(notice there is no dialer app) 4.install downloaded call dialer app. Done.works 100%.tried it on my phone PS:search for nexus 4 call dialer app

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Boot the phone into Safe Mode, then call your phone from another. Does it work correctly? If yes, then you have a misbehaving app. Personally, I would begin by looking at notification managers.

To boot Safe Mode:

1) Turn phone on
2) Press and hold the power button until menu pops up
3) Long press on the Power Off option until this pops up

safe mode.jpg

4) Tap OK.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I don't have the problem yet, but I appreciate the two preceding posts with solutions. :):thumbup:

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

babington

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
I had this problem,

Check notification settings for 'Dialler'

>Settings >Apps >All.
Scroll down until you find App called 'Dialler' - check that "show notifications" tick box is ticked.

bmerklen

Jul 3, 2014
Visit site
Same problem for me.
I tried (almost) everything (wipe cache, sage mode, another dialer,..)
Nothing worked.

But I finally found !
I activated Heads Up notifications with an Xposed module (Yes, I'm rooted) and finally uninstall it (not so nice notifications afterall)
That's the source of my problem, I had to install it again and keep it activated to "recover" my incoming calls..

I'm still looking why.

Hope that could help you guys.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084