Nexus 5 and Metro PCS

suppimo

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
My galaxy S3 recently broke, and I am considering switching to a Nexus 5. I have read that many people do have success with it, so I am optimistic.

My friend has a Nexus 5 (on T-Mobile) and I wanted to try my Sim Card on it to make sure I'd have service. I have yet to receive service from his Nexus, which is a bad sign.

However, could the Sim card not working be due to his phone already being on a carrier, the phone being rooted, or anything else?

I feel like the Nexus 5 should work on Metro, so any help is appreciated.

rgar1

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure if you found the answers you were looking for but, each sim card is associated with a phones imei so using your sim in any other phone won't work. When I switched to my N5 with metro I went to an authorized dealer purchased a new sim for $10. paid an upgrade fee and was in and out of the store within 15 minutes. You can just purchase the sim card and upgrade on line and save yourself a few bucks too. The phone works great. Lte is strong and I couldn't be happier.

Posted via Android Central App

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure if you found the answers you were looking for but, each sim card is associated with a phones imei so using your sim in any other phone won't work. When I switched to my N5 with metro I went to an authorized dealer purchased a new sim for $10. paid an upgrade fee and was in and out of the store within 15 minutes. You can just purchase the sim card and upgrade on line and save yourself a few bucks too. The phone works great. Lte is strong and I couldn't be happier.

Posted via Android Central App

Hmm I'm confused. I've read repeatedly that people re-use their Sim cards when they upgrade their phones (on the same carrier) or even just switch off between more than one device on the same carrier. I didn't know a Sim was tied to one imei number, I thought just to a phone number? o_O

Sent from my LG-LG870 using Tapatalk 2

e_rene

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
You can still use your old MetroPCS sim card.
You only need to go to the dealer in order to update your account with the new IMEI number (Nexus 5).

That's what I've been doing when switching phones.
Honestly, I hate that about MetroPCS. It always charges you $15 just to "add" your IMEI to the system.

I know that some people say that you can do it for free by calling CS. However, if the IMEI is not on their system yet, CS is not able to help.. and you will have to go to the dealer.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers