Nexus 5: About to order

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I'm fine with that. Glad you're clear.

I just like to call it how IT is, not SUGAR coat it with pretty names like 'uncarrier' and 'framily' .....

That is all.

Posted via Android Central App

Well that is how it is by your opinion ... That is the great thing about opinions... We all have our own since it is how we see and determine what is useful and what is not. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
....."yours to keep" by that time, if I want to sell it I won't even get 1/4 of the original FULL price. If I want to trade it in, even less! Older ppl (like my old man, grandparents ect) will keep their device 2+ years but 99% of the ppl in this forum do not do that.

So the other side is trading it every 6 months, a year or a year and half... To be able to do that you need Jump which is $120 a year. THEN, when u actually trade it in, they just pay off the remainder... I mean C'mon, you've been paying for so long (x amount of months) + your phone has got to be worth more than paying off the remainder. In other words, YOU PRACTICALLY PAID 6+ MONTHS just to give it back for FREE. They made money of your payments, they get back a "new device" and lease you another LOL, no thank you.

Jump is for everyone, but especially if you signed up during the 6 month requirement and you don't want to sell, meaning only trade in , then it can be worthwhile. If you buy a s5 now and jump in 6 months, you would pay $165 + $60 = $225.

If you bought it outright at $660, trading it in after 6 months would not get you anywhere close to $435 (660-225).

Now if you wanted to sell it at 6 months mark, you may be able to get around that range too, but like I said before, not every one wants to sell it on their own. Also, this doesn't factor in the insurance that jump provides

Personally I think that the 6 month minimum jump plan is a good deal, if you like to change phones every 6 months.
dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm fine with that. Glad you're clear.

I just like to call it how IT is, not SUGAR coat it with pretty names like 'uncarrier' and 'framily' .....

That is all.

Sugar coat what? T-mobile is cheaper then other carriers and making charges more transparent unlike the others. What people don't see in that AT&T bill or whoever is your paying that subsidized phone that you bought in that price and it never goes down after 2 years.

As far as family goes.... It is a cheaper option for a group of friends to get service and letting people be on a "family plan" ( which is cheaper then the same amount of people paying for single lines) and each getting billed separately

Sent from my SM-N900T

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Sugar coat what? T-mobile is cheaper then other carriers and making charges more transparent unlike the others. What people don't see in that AT&T bill or whoever is your paying that subsidized phone that you bought in that price and it never goes down after 2 years.

As far as family goes.... It is a cheaper option for a group of friends to get service and letting people be on a "family plan" ( which is cheaper then the same amount of people paying for single lines) and each getting billed separately

Sent from my SM-N900T

This is no longer accurate. AT&T now drops $15 off your bill for each line not on contract. I am paying $112/month (would be $134/month w/o my company discount) for 2 AT&T lines with 10 GB shared data and unlimited calling / texting. If I wanted subsidized phones and went on contract, it would be $142/month (or $164/month w/o my company discount).

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
This is no longer accurate. AT&T now drops $15 off your bill for each line not on contract. I am paying $112/month (would be $134/month w/o my company discount) for 2 AT&T lines with 10 GB shared data and unlimited calling / texting. If I wanted subsidized phones and went on contract, it would be $142/month (or $164/month w/o my company discount).

Your still paying for that subsidized price after your contract is over assuming you A don't bring your own device and B don't do next. Your also forgetting the price per month for your phone which averages around 20-30 if your doing next (depending on 12 or 18)

I also am paying $70 +$25 +$10 for unlimited data, phone and jump (for the insurance) and much cheaper then AT&T 10gb option.

Sent from my SM-N900T

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Your still paying for that subsidized price after your contract is over assuming you A don't bring your own device and B don't do next

Sent from my SM-N900T

No. Not anymore. Your bill automatically drops $15/line when your contract is up on AT&T now (unless you're on an old grandfathered unlimited plan). It won't go back up unless you buy another subsidized phone. These changes just took effect a couple months ago.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No. Not anymore. Your bill automatically drops $15/line when your contract is up on AT&T now. It won't go back up unless you buy another subsidized phone. These changes just took effect a couple months ago.

I'm also assuming your going to upgrade... Because then if you take out the payment plan for the phone t-mobile is still cheaper with more data (unlimited and or 4g)

Sent from my SM-N900T

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I also am paying $70 +$25 +$10 for unlimited data, phone and jump (for the insurance) and much cheaper then AT&T 10gb option.

Sent from my SM-N900T

With only a single line, maybe that's cheaper than AT&T, but with my 2 line plan, I'm only paying $56/line for 5 GB of data and unlimited calls+texts on AT&T, and that includes taxes and other fees. Granted, I have a discount from my company, but even without it, it would only be $67/line.

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm also assuming your going to upgrade... Because then if you take out the payment plan for the phone t-mobile is still cheaper with more data (unlimited and or 4g)

Sent from my SM-N900T

No. I'm not going to upgrade or do payment plans. I would never buy a phone from AT&T. I buy all of my phones outright. $399+tax for a 32 GB Nexus 5 from the Play Store.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
No. I'm not going to upgrade or do payment plans. I would never buy a phone from AT&T. I buy all of my phones outright. $399+tax for a 32 GB Nexus 5 from the Play Store.

Then if you buy 2 nexus 5 outright on t-mobile still cheaper (not including discounts) and get a lot more data

Sent from my SM-N900T

WildCatBBN3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I switched back to AT&T from T mobile cuz my fianc? didn't get service at work. I will miss the unlimited data. But it'll be alright

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

gtg465x

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Then if you buy 2 nexus 5 outright on t-mobile still cheaper (not including discounts) and get a lot more data

Sent from my SM-N900T

I am not following you at all. No one sells the Nexus 5 cheaper than Google, so even if I had T-Mo, I wouldn't buy a Nexus 5 from them. I would still buy it from Google. And if T-Mo is $70 a line for unlimited, that would not be cheaper than AT&T. Not that I would get T-Mo even if they were cheaper. They don't have good coverage everywhere I want it.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I am not following you at all. No one sells the Nexus 5 cheaper than Google, so even if I had T-Mo, I wouldn't buy a Nexus 5 from them. I would still buy it from Google. And if T-Mo is $70 a line for unlimited, that would not be cheaper than AT&T. Not that I would get T-Mo even if they were cheaper. They don't have good coverage everywhere I want it.

If you buy 2 nexus 5 and bring it to t-mobile or actually if you buy any phone from T-Mobile full price and a plan for 2 people the price would be $120 a month using the 5gb then throttled plan which is $70 +$50. Once t-mobile gets into family plans I think their prices aren't competitive enough to get people to switch but on single lines t-mobile is outright cheaper at comparable plans

Sent from my SM-N900T

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for trying to save me some money but not that much to be concerned. AT&T is better in my area

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
I use ATT also, but use them through Straight Talk. At $45 a month, I get unlimited calls, texts, and 2.5gb 4G data. You can't beat it. I will no longer be a slave for 2 yrs to anyone.