Noticed some Nexus 5 displays are brighter than others

mvasquez009

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Okay so I purchased two nexus 5's about two months ago for my girlfriend and I and it wasn't until yesterday that I had the phones side by side and I noticed that one of phones screens is significantly brighter and has richer colors than the other on the exact same brightness .. The whites are much whiter on mine as opposed to the other one looking dull.. Same as colors to.. My friend just bought one last week and his has a dull screen and my other friends is a bright one like mine .. U probably wouldn't notice this unless u had two to compare... Had anyone else noticed this? I looked online and couldn't find anything about this.. Is this a manufacture defect? . I'm asking because I need to buy another and don't want to take the chance of getting one with a dull screen... Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Noticed some N5 displays are brighter than others

Just to make sure--when you compared, both screens were set to 100% brightness?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I must have missed that part of your original post. I'm not aware of this being an issue, but if it bothers your friends enough, see if they can exchange or return the phone wherever they bought them.

Verdict

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site

I know I'm having an issue with the screen while on full brightness. It will sometime get slightly dimmmer and then go back to full brightness. This is totally at random also.

Posted via Android Central App

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

I've received three RMA's and all of the screens on them are super dull and yellowish in comparison to the original one I purchased.

JohnnyBroccoli

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site

They offered me a refund but I am going to just keep the original most likely. Pretty lame quality control on LG's part.

Brian Low

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site

I know I'm having an issue with the screen while on full brightness. It will sometime get slightly dimmmer and then go back to full brightness. This is totally at random also.

I read an article on that. I think it's called throttling so the screen doesn't burn itself out or something like that. My n5 does that to so your not alone.

wawapumaa

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
why would you need your phone screen at 50% ??
we are not leaving in a cave... Oo
There is sun in my country. Not in yours?. we can go far like this. why would you need your phone 4g beside 3g?? blablabla

100% in a sunlight is much better. I am not buying a smartphone to use half of his capacity