my master volume control resets itself... daily

Sarah1564

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello!
On my Nexus 5 the master volume control under settings seems to reset itself daily. The notifications and alarm volume setting turns down to very low even when I have set it to the highest volume level earlier that day or the day before. Its a problem when I'm using my phone as an alarm because I'll sleep through the alarm when it goes off and is very quiet! Does anybody have this issue as well? is there anything I can do to stop it from resetting itself? Please help.

Posted via Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hello!
On my Nexus 5 the master volume control under settings seems to reset itself daily. The notifications and alarm volume setting turns down to very low even when I have set it to the highest volume level earlier that day or the day before. Its a problem when I'm using my phone as an alarm because I'll sleep through the alarm when it goes off and is very quiet! Does anybody have this issue as well? is there anything I can do to stop it from resetting itself? Please help.

Welcome to the forums.
I would try rebooting into recovery and clearing cache. See if that helps. There may be a data conflict between some of the updates.
Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-rooting-roms-hacks/352008-guide-nexus-5-recovery.html

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello!

Are you quite positive that you have never installed any of the various apps which are capable of adjusting things like volume levels on a time schedule and/or other schedule and/or based on current location? For example, I have a Tasker task which automatically lowers my volumes the moment my N5 connects to my office Wi-Fi network and then raises them back up when I connect to my home Wi-Fi.

Can you say definitively at what time of day or under what circumstances the volume levels are resetting?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol