Direct Light on Display shows...

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Hey Community!

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this with their N5?

I'm on the road all day everyday and with the sunny weather on its way. I have noticed that when there is direct light on my screen its almost like you can see through to the paneling. You can see lines running up down left and right. I don't believe this is an issue with my phone itself because you can't see this when you're inside, during night time or the phone is not in direct light.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue with their N5? Has anyone else noticed this. I apologize ahead of time, if you haven't noticed and now you do/will.

Let me know community!

Thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Hey Community!

I was wondering if anyone has experienced this with their N5?

I'm on the road all day everyday and with the sunny weather on its way. I have noticed that when there is direct light on my screen its almost like you can see through to the paneling. You can see lines running up down left and right. I don't believe this is an issue with my phone itself because you can't see this when you're inside, during night time or the phone is not in direct light.

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue with their N5? Has anyone else noticed this. I apologize ahead of time, if you haven't noticed and now you do/will.

Let me know community!

Thanks!

Yes I can as well. Even just holding the phone at the right angle I can see them. It's the first phone I've ever had that I've noticed it on.

Doesn't really bother me all that much since it doesn't happen that often.

Nexus 5 4.4.2 (rooted)

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
This is the third time Tapatalk has lost my post so here goes.

What you are seeing is the capacitive sensors. These are visible to varying degrees on different devices. Apple, Samsung and other manufacturers with larger budgets on their flagship devices when compared to the Nexus line hide them exceedingly well. The N5's are painfully obvious sometimes - usually in direct sunlight - but I usually don't mind.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gidgiddonihah

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I can see them on my iPad and on my BlackBerrys havent noticed them on my N5 though

When I first got my iPad I tried finding then in direct sunlight and still had a hard time. Very strange. I haven't seen them in regular usage on my iPad but I have with my N5.

RionDunn

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
When I first got my iPad I tried finding then in direct sunlight and still had a hard time. Very strange. I haven't seen them in regular usage on my iPad but I have with my N5.

I have to really search for it on my apple products. I guess this is the difference between a $400 devices and $800 device. About 70% of the time I don't notice it on my Nexus 5 but the other 30% of the time it drives me nuts. I notice things like this though and will not stop noticing it. Its a bummer because I really love my Nexus 5, its just the battery and now the paneling that's eating away at my soul. I really hope the 443 update will significantly help the battery. I don't believe I am a victim of the qualcom.camera issue, but I notice significant battery drain when the screen is awake and I'm using the device. I have done everything necessary to take care of the battery drain but still haven't notice a great increase. Its still lasting me the day on a average day of usage but I'll be at 20% when I get home. I wish it was better than that.... Anyhow those are the only couple issues bothering me about the Nexus 5. Other than that its an amazing phone!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995