Google+ Toggle Shows Wrong Profile

HailStorm26

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I have had my Nexus 5 for several months and only ever used 1 of my 2 Google accounts on it. About a month ago I decided with a bit more with my second account I would try putting my second Google account in the settings. So I added it in settings > accounts > add account > Google then fill out the rest.
I only originally checked to sync Gmail, Keep, and URL shortener for that second account. As those were the only things I really needed for that account since I had my main account already. Switching Google accounts in the Gmail app, Google Keep app, and URL shortener app are very easy and have worked great!

The problem occurred when I decided to add a Google+ profile photo to that second account and decided to sync Google+ on my Nexus 5 for that account too. Since doing that, now in the notification toggle shade for Google+ profile toggle it shows that profile picture with the short cut to go to that Google+ account. Which I do NOT want as that is a highly private account! I want it to stay as the original account I have always had that I have set to sync almost everything with.

So can anyone please explain how I can change what Google+ profile shows in the notification toggle pull down shade? I also noticed when going to Google contacts app under Me section at the top it shows the Google+ profile I don't want. Has any one else with multiple Google+ profiles on their Nexus device been having this issue too? I have tried unchecking and then rechecking the Google+ sync option for the account I wanted to show but that did not resolve it.

In the Google accounts section on my phone settings I noticed my main account is at the top, but when going in the Google+ app and on the left side menu it shows the account I don't want to show in the notification toggle and contacts app, as the account listed at the top. I am thinking that account being on top on the Google+ app is what's causing the issue. Anyone have any suggestions?

HailStorm26

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Haha! How is it I figured this out on my own by now and no one has responded? No one ever said changing the photo also changes the Google profile. Kind of misleading. Should say change profile, not picture.

mantraguy

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I've got the same issue with my Nexus 7. What was your solution?

Haha! How is it I figured this out on my own by now and no one has responded? No one ever said changing the photo also changes the Google profile. Kind of misleading. Should say change profile, not picture.