Has anyone yet received 4.4.3 on their Nexus 5?

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I think sprint jumped the gun in announcing it, but it will probably be out by the end of the month

Posted via NSA Spy Van 37...... Free candy??

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
21st April is 4.4.3 update date anyone have it?

Posted via Android Central App

There has been no official announcement of the update date, only speculation and rumors thus far. As stated above Sprint jumped the gun on announcing the update.

But to answer your question, no 4.4.3 update here either.

Nexus 5 4.4.2 (rooted)

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Google sure taking there sweet old time releasing it. With 4.4.2 major battery bug and the fact that it is still being pushed to other phones I am not pleased. I switched from Apple to Android because you had to JB just to do about anything and Android is much more open however Apple at least patched updates, if iOS 7 had a battery drain issue it would have been fixed already. Also your able to get them the day they were released not this having to wait over 2 weeks thing like with Android.

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Google sure taking there sweet old time releasing it. With 4.4.2 major battery bug and the fact that it is still being pushed to other phones I am not pleased. I switched from Apple to Android because you had to JB just to do about anything and Android is much more open however Apple at least patched updates, if iOS 7 had a battery drain issue it would have been fixed already. Also your able to get them the day they were released not this having to wait over 2 weeks thing like with Android.

That's because android is OTA not hook up to crap iTunes and DL a file. Different update system. I'm not a fan of these batch updates either, but it's there to protect you from further issues. The bug wasn't that bad, usually a reboot would fix it, at least temporarily.

win465

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
This is how i feel everyday when i wake up and looking through the internet to see if it got released
:D:):eek::-\:confused::-!:':)mad:
in this exact order my emotion changes and this has been going on for a week now when stupid sprint released the info way to early and kept everyone's hopes up.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Should we switch back to Dalvik (if we're on ART) before getting the update, or does it not matter?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Should we switch back to Dalvik (if we're on ART) before getting the update, or does it not matter?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Does not matter. Updates are released based on the phones imei number. Then staggered over a couple of weeks.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Im waiting for it to be released. With the leaked reports of Data instability being fixed i got excited considering my Nexus suffers dearly from that issue. Im using my Note 3 until then.

rxnelson

May 29, 2012
Visit site
That's because android is OTA not hook up to crap iTunes and DL a file. Different update system. I'm not a fan of these batch updates either, but it's there to protect you from further issues. The bug wasn't that bad, usually a reboot would fix it, at least temporarily.

100% false. In fact I just installed an OTA on the iphone5s.

Not trying to start a platform argument but I dare say the ip5s has gotten more OTAs than the N5. I know, I know google put a bunch of stuff in play store so it is still apples/oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maverick7526

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
100% false. In fact I just installed an OTA on the iphone5s.

Not trying to start a platform argument but I dare say the ip5s has gotten more OTAs than the N5. I know, I know google put a bunch of stuff in play store so it is still apples/oranges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your right I was not sure if apple had ota's yet. Android has been doing it since cupcake, or ginger bread. It's nice to see apple catching up to the times ;-) Google has dropped a ton of their apps into the play store to make it easier to update. Idk why an android update takes so long to release. Having never owned an iPhone, I am unsure about it's frequency of updates.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site

If Google allowed only one Android cell phone design and single manufacture with almost the same hardware like the over priced Fruit phone the bug would be fixed also. Since this 4.4.3 update will be across several devices by different manufactures with different hardware it will come out slowly to ensure any major problems are found before complete distribution. Android runs about 70% of the worlds smartphones compared to the Fruit company 21% since they only wants to market their products to rich customers. Really is a 10 days roll out a deal killer to make sure it has less issues? Even with this major 4.4.2 battery bug I am getting about 35 hour out of my Nexus 5 between charges. Last time I checked many people with the iPhone 5s message boards are complaining about their i5s limited battery time also.

Whey you buy a Nexus you should have known you are on the front line and cutting edge of every new Android OS release when you got the phone.

Last edited:

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
If Google allowed only one Android cell phone design and single manufacture with almost the same hardware like the over priced Fruit phone the bug would be fixed also. Since this 4.4.3 update will be across several devices by different manufactures with different hardware it will come out slowly to ensure any major problems are found before complete distribution.

While I agree with the rest of your post, and am ok with the slight delay while El Goog fixes any known bugs, I'm not sure I agree with the first part of your post. The 4.4.3 update the Google will push out is only for the Nexus devices. Manufacturers for all other devices will take the code, customize it for their devices, (add their bloat), test, send to carrier for testing (back and forth), and then release it. So, while Android does run on a huge variety of devices, that shouldn't/doesn't impact the release of the OS update to the Nexus devices.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Fruit phone :D. Made me laugh.
Anyway I just want 4.4.3 to come out to fix this battery drain wavelock issues so I don't have to reboot my phone every few days. I can care less about new features.