Where is the Help for the new camera app?

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
I'd just about got the old camera app figured out when I discovered that a new and very different one had appeared on my phone. I'm completely ignorant about some of the features, but no help appears to have come with it. At least none that I can find. Can someone please guide me to it? Thanks.

rrballer11

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I'd just about got the old camera app figured out when I discovered that a new and very different one had appeared on my phone. I'm completely ignorant about some of the features, but no help appears to have come with it. At least none that I can find. Can someone please guide me to it? Thanks.

Whats different that you don't understand?

Posted via Android Central App

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the link.
One thing I'd like to know, though, that it doesn't tell me, is what happened to the option to change exposure?

jj14x

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the link.
One thing I'd like to know, though, that it doesn't tell me, is what happened to the option to change exposure?

Tap the gear icon, go to advanced settings and turn on manual exposure. Now, when your HDR+ is not enabled, the exposure icon will appear on the 3 dot menu for the camera.

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. I must say I think I preferred the old method.
Could someone tell me what that circle that appears in the field does? I'm assuming that it either focusses or fixes its exposure on the area that I touch with the circle. However, the effect only lasts a few seconds.
Does google really not provide any official help on this?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
By the way, they just added in back the ability to take a pic during video.... not that they announced it or anything... it just appeared in the update this morning.

Oh, and maybe I am imagining things, but it seems to auto-focus HELLA fast now too.

aboveavg

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to get HDR+ to stay on by default? The old app did this and it's pretty annoying to have to turn it on every time.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to get HDR+ to stay on by default? The old app did this and it's pretty annoying to have to turn it on every time.

I've believe it has to do with where you launch it. I've read plenty of comments that if you launch from the lock screen, it doesn't take. Maybe it's a OS security permission.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

aboveavg

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I've believe it has to do with where you launch it. I've read plenty of comments that if you launch from the lock screen, it doesn't take. Maybe it's a OS security permission.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That hasn't been my experience. It turns off every time I close the app.

Ilfracombe

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Seems my question got lost, so I'll ask it again. When you touch the screen, a circle appears. Does this direct both exposure and focus to that spot, or just one of them? The visual effect only lasts a second or two, which is hardly time to get the finger back to position and take a picture. Is there any way to make it last longer?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon