Initial impressions on my new nexus 5

chaingangritesh

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Been using Samsung galaxy s3 prior to purchasing this phone. Before actually buying been through allot of videos in YouTube for the phones review then this forum to know the pro and con of the same. On macro basis everything about the phone was just great for the reviewers except 'the battery' and 'camera'. Been using the phone for a week now and I realize that people who cribbed about battery doesn't seem to be realistic as I'm very much surprised by the battery performance. It's even better that galaxy s3 for sure. The only negative about the phone imo remains valid in regards to camera of the phone which is definitely not upto mark. It's little worse than galaxy s3 too so I feel slightly disappointed with that. Barring that rest all is just to good for me. Did this phone live upto your expectations when you bought the phone in all respects or was the feeling mutual?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

kd0h

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
The only negative about the phone imo remains valid in regards to camera of the phone which is definitely not upto mark. It's little worse than galaxy s3 too so I feel slightly disappointed with that. ?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Really? My girlfriend has the S3 and my pictures blow hers out of the water. Guess I'm just surprised by that...

I highly suggest lite flow as well, works great. I have the paid version, but I hear the free one is just as well. You just you have access to less as far as apps you can change the LED for.

Nexus 5 4.4.2 (rooted)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Opinions on cameras are so often extremely subjective. I've seen people posting comparison pics on these forums between two different phones and trumpeting the clear superiority of one of them, and all I can think is, "Huh? They look the same to me ..."

But I also think the N5 takes some really nice pics, too!

Posted via Android Central App.
Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
New camera app had helped me. Could always be better, but it's fine. Kinda like the battery lol. Both blow away my old phone, actually everything about this blows away my old phone (HTC Vivid) so.... Yeah, pretty pleased. It's a bit more work to block spam calls. That's how deep I have to go to find something the old one did better :)

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
This phone definitely lived up to my expectations. The battery is about 30 - 40% better (for me) than my N4 was and I love the camera. HDR+ is awesome, but I've gotten some great shots with every cell phone I've had. You hear a lot of complaints about every cell phone's camera, but if you look at the "pics and videos" thread for any device, there are always tons of great shots. People just like to complain.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
The new Camera update helped A TON in terms of photo quality. I also came from a Galaxy S3 and I still think that camera was better on a more consistent basis, but I have gotten a few shots on my Nexus 5 that were better than anything I ever got with the S3. So I guess I need to keep learning this camera. I've had the N5 for 5 months and it still excited me to use it. I still feel like I have a new phone. I love it.

Shilohcane

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 5 battery is a non-issue for me that last 24 hours or more with my use maybe since I use it for voice, text, pictures with only light to moderate surfing on the Web going over Wi-Fi.

Friends like my N5 pictures better than some of their i5 phones. I love HDR+ that when I take pictures of my friend in a darken bar they always say your flash didn't go off only to say wow how does that take a better picture than my camera with flash. They like the fact I don't have Red Eye shots since I am not using flash with HDR+. My only issue with the N5 camera is taking a good picture (HDR+ off) with objects that are moving like a kid running or on a merry go round that gets focused right. There maybe a trick to focus on moving objects but I haven't found how to do it yet. I would also like the N5 camera to have a Key Action word to snap the picture for me without moving my finger to keep a steady frame that is on many other Android phones.

Only other issue I have had with my N5 is connecting to some bar and restaurants Wi-Fi that won't connect unless I can talk them into re-booting their Wi-Fi. However there is some sorta of fix coming in the new Kit Kat 4.4.3 that bug update plus two dozen or more improvements for the camera and battery improvement.

The call quality for voice calls on my N5 are far superior than all four of my iPhone 4 that I had before getting the Nexus 5.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463